Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

been checking out this site for a while and wanted some advice please.

I have chance to purchase a new titanium spec 2wd diesel Kuga BUT i'm concerned about the fuel consumption as I'm likely to be doing around 25,000 miles per year.

I had a 4wd version on demo for a day and on a run upto Dorset & back it returned around 33mpg
which put me right off BUT before I handed the keys back I took it back on a mixture of A & B roads with the flow of traffic and it showed 46mpg.

Can anyone please give me an accurate idea of the MPG to expect from a 2wd diesel please. My wife & kids love the Kuga but I'm concernedaboutit'spotential thirst.

Many Thanks In Advance

Yoshi

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi yoshi

Welcome to the forum.

I purchased my 2WD about a month ago and i too was quite concerned about what people were saying about MPG, but i have to say i have been pretty suprised by what my little beast has produced. I'm averaging 45mpg and that'd been a mixture of motorway and A roads. It's still very new and i've only done 1600 miles so far and will expect it to improve slightly as i'm sure it will over time.

Of course,saying all that it does come down to the way one drives. I've been keeping to 70mph there abouts onthe motorway and pretty steady on other roads,but i'vealso put my foot down if i've needed to get going. If you drive with your right foot stuck to the carpet you aint gonna get a very good return on the MPG...

Also, i'm very happy with the car and am glad that i made the choice to buy one which i'm sure you will be to if you decide you want one.

Hope this helps you.

Good luck and i hope to see you back on here sooninforming us all that you have placed an order....

Graham

·
Registered
35 Posts
Coming close to the end of my first tank and looks like i'll get 400 miles out of it....now considering I used to get 500 easy out of my 1.8 diesel mondeo (bigger tank granted) and 330 out of my Focus ST i'm not overly impressed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
coming to the end of my first tank going by weekly average reckon I wil get about 40mpg just!. Thats around town with my wife doing most of the driving and shes not to lead footed,not as good as my last ford a focus wrs but the kug is more fun to drive the wife and I actually try to beat each other to the drivers seat if we go out together in it,sad but true

·
Registered
31 Posts
1600 miles covered, and getting 39mpg according to the tripover very mixed conditions. The car seems to like A and country roads far better for economy. On motorways over 70 it is thirsty, A and country roads pushing along is over 40 mpg. I'm guessig atover 70 is where aerodynamiics kicks in, and the higher profile of the car can't be helpful there can it. Let's face it, there's a reason F1 cars scrape the road :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have the AWD Titanium and now have around 8K on the clock. I know that cars don't need running in nowadays but I am sure that it is loosening up a bit and the economy is getting better.
I know Ford made a big thing about the economy but when you have a car like a Kuga your main reason for purchase wasn't the fuel efficiency was it? You bought it cos it looked the business didn't you?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well put it this way - i got this coz its different and a ford model i hadnt had - if i knew the consumpton was like this i may have gotten another ST or the ST engine in the Kuga.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm running a Kuga AWD and never get less than 40mpg even when cruising up and down the country (in and out of cruise) at over 70. Usual is about 44-45 to and from work. Car's done almost 17k jow and totally chuffed with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts