Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,445 Posts
The 150 and 180 bhp 2l D Auto Powershift will be AWD.

The 150 bhp 2l D Manual can be AWD or FWD. The 180 bhp Manual is AWD only.

Just look at the back hub, you can see the driveshaft.

Interesting you say your remapped 150 manual is better, your previous 180 would have been AWD and that will have slightly higher transmission loss.

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The 150 mapped definitely is noticeably quicker throughout the Rev range, the only down side of the 2wd is when driving quickly the traction control comes on cutting power as you power out of bends, and I forget to turn the traction control off most of the time.
i don’t remember this happening on the 180.
thanks for you info helps a lot .

·
Frequently posts gibberish!
2,425 Posts
No loss of traction in the awd. Don’t think I’ve ever seen any like come on unless I’ve initially floored it in snow to see what grips is there for me. Old school rather than , sod it it’ll be right young school.

·
Registered
2016, ‘65 Plate’ Kuga Titanium X Sport 2.0TDCI Euro 6 180 PS AWD Powershift, Moondust Silver, Sync 2
13 Posts
Hello, I have a 65 plate 2016 180 awd and the gearbox is doing well. My car is currently on 55k and there are no noises, bangs or anything that would indicate that a problem is coming. The changes are very smooth, I use the D mode most of the time but I occasionally use the sport mode to liven things up a bit or when travelling on undulating roads to hold gears for longer to save it changing frequently. After checking the code on the top of my box it is the newer powershift without the plastic spring guides inside that the earlier more troublesome boxes had. It must have been one of the first newer style boxes fitted when the 180 engine was released. I had the oil and filter changed at 37.5k and I will get it changed at 75k, might do it sooner if I can manage to do it myself by following the Volvo powershift video and buying the parts myself (link been posted by @keithmac and others before but video makes it look quite a straightforward job to do). I have been very impressed with the gearbox and it is my first automatic car and I very much doubt I will return to a manual car.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Any other powershift owners out there ? who can add anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 2nd powershift auto, the 1st was a 2014 X Sport had it 6yrs and never missed a beat, I think as long as the fluid and filter are changed at the correct intervals you shouldn't have any probs!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
thanks for replies that’s good to hear, it appears so far that none of the post 2017 powershift owners are suffering any problems with the gearbox. Anyone with a different story.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Jeffb

Thank you for your question - it's what I logged on to ask. I had a test drive in a 2019 Tit-x 180 AWD auto and was amazed. I've not driven an auto since living in Australia 12 years ago when I had a 3l Camry auto and was pleasantly surprised with the Ford :)

May well go down the auto route.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
hi all I’m test driving a powershift tomorrow hopefully, any specific ways to test the box is operating correctly, any thing to look out for clutch slipping not changing correctly etc and how to test ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Should set off with no jerking or juddering, gear changes should be nice and smooth (can't really tell it's changed gear normally).

Full throttle it will kick down, should be steady increase in revs with increase in speed.

Should be no external noises from engine or gearbox, no rattling etc.

You need proof of gearbox service every 37,000 miles or 3 years.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Bear in mind its a manual gearbox controlled by a computer, should feel nice and responsive in all gears.

In Drive it will be straight up the gears, 6th by 40mph, Sport will be noticeably different and firmer shifts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks Keith, the car drove as it should, gearbox is good, as you say you can’t really feel the gear changes, pulled away smoothly, sport works, no noises. The gearbox is being serviced this week. They said gearbox is on a four year service interval so not due for another year, but I managed to get it carried out I have contributed to the cost as the service is not due yet. The car I have purchased is on a 2 year service interval, however the previous owner has serviced it every year, it done 26k so under service miles, it’s just 3 years old. once the gearbox is done I’ve got nothing to worry about service wise for a year, I will do annual serving. ( I did check with another Ford dealer who checked and agreed with the 4 year service interval)
thanks for everyones input see how I get on with Kuga number 3. By the way my current Kuga is now up for sale If anyone is interested. Titanium x 26k magnetic black leather pano roof, self park etc.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Nice low milage, you should have good car there

21 - 35 of 35 Posts