Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Titanium Kuga at the end of last month and realised a day after that I had no seat back trays as advertised in the brochure. After enquiring about this, I was told by Sales that they were discontinued in March 09 and are now only available with the X-Pack. I'm now in a battle with Sales as i wasn't informed about this prior to purchasing my new motor.Hasany body else had the same problem?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Chegster
You are not alone!

Read a few of these threads and then go and talk to Bobuptown.

ONE ON THE WAYin NEWBIES posted 9 aug

WHATS POPULAR in MAIN MESSAGE CENTRE posted 9 AUG

welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi we are collecting ours in two weeks and have no seat back trays. we were informed that as of march 09 trays were discontinued and a new economy feature to tell you when to chnage gear has been installed?? does any one what this is?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You may find the economy indicators for gear change will probably turn out to be wee lighted arrows pointing either up or down which will appear somewhere on the speedo base area. There are a few references to the feature elsewhere on the forum but I can't remember where. Have a look through and you should find them. Used to be fitted then they weren't and from what you are saying they are being fitted again. Does the word 'yo-yo' mean anything?? :eek:)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Thanks Digger.No Trays? Don't want to sound a right smarmy git but why should you lot be any different. hey . . . only joking. But seriously the Titanium I test drove around the dealer complex in May had trays in the back and I did mention, Oh now those will be useful, now at that point I had absolutely no idea that these trays were discontinued however I am pretty certain the salesman did. When the car arrived five weeks ago and I was shown around thevehicle I noticed that there were plain pockets where the trays were I asked the salesman, where are the trays? he hesitated for a second and said Oh I think Ford have discontinued them but I will check, two seconds later he emerged and confirmed dropped down trays had in fact been DROPPED!! So I asked well OK what have they replaced these with, his response was, an instantnothing as far as I know which would indicate that he knew all along. Undeterred I contacted Ford via letter and rec'd a letter thanking me for my enquiry andstating that once the matter had been investigated they would respond infull. A week later got a phone call,Hi Ford customer service, she confirmed trays had in fact been discontinued / withdrawn from production however curiously did not rule out there re-introduction depending on customers reaction and there priorities and needs. I then asked, OK Ford have taken these trays away, I said I was disappointed and unhappy asI was Not informed and furthermore as far as I was concernedall the specified itemscontained in the very latestbrochure July 2008 I was given to by Ford salesman wasincluded. Some members have highlighted "READ!! Ford's disclaimer "which to be fair clearly states specifications can change, which I accept to a certain degreeis a valid point but hang about here, We Should Of Been Informed, how difficult is it to put a black marker through Seat back trays in a brochure?? or even simpler for the salesman to just Tell Us. I thought I was the only person aggrieved but it seems I am not on my own, lets be clear I am not a Mindreader so howam I /You supposed to know, clearly it's a Ford secret. I could tell by the customer services distinct "tone"that she has broke the same badnews tomany otherFord customers she did not even apologise and when I asked, OK Ford have taken something away so what has been added? shehesitated and as bold as brass said "Nothing" Banners& ariesx20 Never heard of these indicators not sure what or wherethis indicator is because I cannot see it perhaps if I ask Ford they will come back with, We have removed that also,readour disclaimer. Just browsing handbook . . . hang about Aaarrhhh isit an arrow? shift indicator? and this was introduced in the Titaniumto replace the folding trays? well firstly I wonder whether this indicator is in the Zetec model? Secondly the trays were "dropped"in March 2009 but my handbook isshowing the Shift Indicator Arrowin my handbook under Instruments butmyhandbook is dated OCTOBER 2008? The plot thickens. Interested to establish whether any Titanium Owners with rear foldingtrays or Zetec owners have this Shift Indicator Arrow also. Ifowners with traysalso havethis supposedly substituted( for trays ) indicator as well then We really shouldAll be contacting Ford and asking some serious questions. Bob.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Am I the only one here who is pleased to not have these flimsy trays taking up knee room on the back of my seats.

I am intrigued by the lights though, I can't say I've seen any gear change lights in my instrument cluster!

Regards

TK

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi TK, thanks for your comments. When did you get your Kuga?Same old story I suppose we always want what we cannot get, and like you say they may well be a pile of junk, but we should of been informed they had been dropped. Gear change lightsTo be honestIhave never ever noticed them and not heard of them until "Banners" mentioned them. TK Have alook at page 63 in your handbook. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks Bob,

You're right, we should have been told about the trays. I'll have a look in my book re the lights, we should all look in our book more often.

Picked mine up about a month ago.

Cheers

TK

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Cheers TK Picked mine up 18th July heard nothingfrom dealer No calls to say how's it going Nowt. Credit where credit is due myWife bought aVW(March 09) from Gilbert Lawton, Altrincham, Cheshire. she has had five callsfrom salesmanthat I am aware of just to see if she is happyand everything OKThought . . . Whoops Think I know why my salesman's never contacted me now. SeatTrays: Friend ofours has recently completed a basket weaving course at evening classes and has offered to make me two. Lol. Bob.

·
Registered
385 Posts
bob where did you get your car from ? the only indicater i have is a red one no green one,this has only come on once when i wanted to see what the beast could do,you would be better off gettng your friends to make you some,the car looks better without them but i agree with you ford should of let you no or the salesperson,anyway more worrying hows your poundland carpets in your kuga mine are crap

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Bob,
put me down for two of those basket trays as well please and perhaps they could weave me a towbar as well......

Slimus.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am going to lokk for these indicators. have had my (our) Kuga for 3 weeks and 4 days. Will let you know if I find them!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Gotmy handbook in front of me, on page 66 it shows an upwards facing arrow (doesn't say where it is on the dash) called it the"Shift Indicator".

It says "It will illuminate to inform you that shifting to a higher gear may give better fuel economy and lower CO2 emissions. It will not illuminate during periods of high acceleration etc".

The way I read it; it will probably illuminate if you are driving along the motorway and have forgotten to shift into 6th gear. Will try it later today.

Happy shifting.

TK

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just tried it, drove down the A1(M) at 75 in 4th gear and no light! Either I haven't got one or it's disabled somehow.

Has anyone seen this light? Could it be model specific, ie, 2.5 petrol only? Mine's the 2ltr diesel and I can't see any sign of it.

TK

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Gazwats thanks for that. Someone has suggested that this "feature" was added to replace the missing trays?trying to establish if Titanium owners with trays and Zetec owners have this indicator also? I went out yesterday and cannot see any red/green arrowperhaps as some KOC members have previously advisedwell ifit's Missing Tough "Check the Ford Disclaimer" maybe that's been removed also? Cheers Gazwats. Bob.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks for that Gazwats.

Not sure if I want these lights or not (I think I know when to change gear), just a little confused that's all
!

TK

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I must have got lucky with my Kuga! I picked her up in March and she does have the green arrow and the trays! She is a diesel. Sorry I don't mean to sound smug. I really don't know what Ford are playing at, I realise they make changes to their models but they really should let people know at the point of sale exactly what their new Kuga will/will not have it's the least they can do considering how much the Kuga costs!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts