Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 4000 miles the car has averaged 49 MPG in mixed journeys (not much on motorway) This seems very good for a relatively big car? How are other similar powered Kuga's doing

·
Registered
164 Posts
My phev gets 45mpg from the petrol engine so 49 mpg sounds about right for the diesel. Yes it is good for a fairly large SUV, my evoque got the same mpg (45) and it was smaller than the kuga and a diesel.
I also think the mk3s do much better on fuel than their predecessor. There's lots of threads from people with mk2/mk2.5 complaining about fuel economy.
Since mines a Phev, The only complaint I have is the economy on EV only in colder weather. It's lost about 15 miles of range.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,799 Posts
As a comparison our mk2.5, 2ltr diesel auto gives 44/46 on a run but drops to 40 around town etc.

Personally I think the mpg for what the car represents, ie a big lump of AWD etc, is very good.

For me, it isn’t worth spending all those extra mega pounds to gain a few miles on mpg and to lose out on depreciation again.

As I keep saying, enjoy the motor and always take any published figures at a wide berth. 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts