Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All . . . 4/5 weeks to go before delivery, far too much time to ponder and stew since I discovered that Ford have "Dropped" the drop (excuse pun) down seat tablesin the Kuga, Sorry! sorry! sorry!but this issuehas reallyKugaredme off the fact that they still continue to list this as a Titanium SpecFeature in the very latest brochure ( love that word brochure) and then do not offer anything in it's place isjust wrong.SCENARIO.ME: Fish and chipsplease. SERVER: OK that will be £4.50, Takes money. SERVER: Oh sorry but we have no fish. ME: Well can I have my money back for the fish then? SERVER: No!! ??? Perhaps it's justME: Come on help me out here,I still don't think it's right.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
This has been covered on here before.............................and on the back of each brochure is the following clause: "This brochure was correct at the time of going to print. Ford policy is one of continuous product development. The right is reserved to change specifications, colours and prices of models and items illustrated in this publication at any time. For the latest details always consult your Ford Dealer."
Personally when I got my Kuga I went throughexactly what I was getting with dealer item by item in advance before confirming the order, was it a laborious task? **** yes but at least I knew exactly what was being built and delivered. I've learnt in life it's not safe to assume things.

Edit: when I said it had been covered on here before a follow up quick search tells me it was you mainly you that bought up the subject.

Take it up with the dealer you got the car from if you're that upset about it but I suspect the dealer will look to blameFordand that the response from Fordwill be something along the lines of "we've recently announced an increase in the fuel tank size" so what Ford takes away Ford giveth.

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on Gazwats. With respect how manymembers / visitorson this site who have visited a Ford dealership and have said to the salesman hang about matey while I read the small print on the back pages of the brochure? I am no expertor claim to be omniscientbut come on I suspect not one single potential purchaser has read what you have justquoted which is basically a cop out and open to all kinds of stupid interpretations. Example. Oh by the way we have taken a seat out of the vehicle? we find it holds the road far better now ? What!! FORD No I disagree Sir/Madam we are quite within our rights to do socan I suggest youtake a look at the small print on the rear of our out of date brochure, Gazwatsdon't want to fall out with you but I suspectthis is aFord reply pointing out small print which can just about legitimise almost anything. Finally there are easy solutions to this shall we say slight indiscretion Salesman to inform customer about missing item or for Ford or dealership get a blackmarker and delete the part under the SEATS section which clearly states Folding seat back trays. . . . . I thank you.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case anyone is wondering when I discovered that Ford had dropped the trays from the Kuga Titanium it was about a month or so after I ordered the vehicle I genuinely didn'thave a clue, I actually read aboutit on this excellent website.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
What's there to fall out about?
I simply pointed out that if you tried to take this up with a dealer, or Ford directly, or even for that matter say Watchdog, Trading Standards etcthen it's likely you'd get that type of answer from them.

By the way whether you agree with the clause or not it's my limited understanding that it, or wording to a similar effect, is anindustry wideclause when it comes to the motor industry.

Also just to be clear Bob I have no involvement with Ford or the motor industry in any way shape or form, so there is catagorically NO emotional bias in my views and responses.

FWIW I happened to read the brochure from front cover to rear cover which is why when Inoticed the clause on the back cover Iwent out of my way to ensure I went through the exact details of my order.

For what it's worth I think it's a bit of an over reactionif I'm being honest with you Bob to use examples of missingseats which clearly are more of a necessity than a rear flip tray and as such quite clearly would not happen.............unless that is you happen to buy a McLaren F1 (as seen on Top Gear last Sunday) in which case the other seat is clearly a hindrance.

I'll leave you to this discussion as you quite clearly have your views and I havemine.

Good luckwith trying to getting this resolved to your satisfaction and all the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fordthorne in Cardiff have kindly given me cross rails / roof bars as I complained that the trays were missing, I'm happier having the bars instead of the trays. Ford dropped the trays and the sales team wern't aware so never told me when I placed the order.

I did ask for a roof boxalso but they laughed at me...........

Mark<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Gazwats thanks for your response, I accept, no offence given, none taken. perhaps someone much cleverer than us should put together a buyers/consumers small print to counter there small print which theretailer must sign? I know, I knowthe door only ever swings one way, usually there's But seriouslyI have a couple of gran kids so Yes Yes these trays would be useful whether in practice they areuseable I suppose is another thing. Sorry Gazwats Overeactionis my middle name As someone once said to me better to have bad breath than no breath at all?most people don't react at all, trust me, I have been called much worse things but there you go, the seat example was a bitof foot stamping just my way of "reacting" to that irratating line,please can I draw your attention to thesmall print which invariably means . . Tough. One thing the users of small print cannot be accused of is not using small print in there small print Ford like most is, well small.

Finally pmlewis thanks for restoring some balance, there is light at the end of the tunnel after all.Re Roof Rails. Just have to practice the art of administering Chinese Burns for the delivery day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Life deals us some cruel blows at times.

I can understand bobuptown's feelings - quite natural when you are not going to get what you honestly expected. But gazwats is right re:small print, and yes it is a get out clause. Every business has to have them because there are unscrupulous customers out there. Bobuptown definitely excepted.

Now take my case - I saw the Kuga on that silly tele advert at the beginning of the year. It finally dawned on me I wanted one. So late Feb I started looking around (for a bargain). I am not rich (retired) I found out that old stock Kugas were being sold "cheaper" before the price rise ( is that the one that has just been announced?). The dealer found me one UP NORTH somewhere, gave me a price and I accepted it. He told me it was a titanium in avalon. I had it without knowing exactly avalon colour was.

Sorry to go on but here's the clincher - it has the rear trays (it was built late last year). I never even considered the trays - I'll probably never use them.

Sorry again bobuptown.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Gazwats does make a very good point that is worth remembering for the future although I think a lot of people on this forum will be hanging on to their Kuga's for a long time. As Digger also stated, all companies will have small print and in the case of car manufacturers it is always the statement on the back of the brochures.
Several work colleagues ordered Insignia SRI's, the brochure listd 18" wheels as standard, between ordering and delivery the standard wheel spec was changed to 17". The 18" wheels were changed to a "No cost option" but you had to have stated that you wanted the 18" wheels when ordering. A nice move by Vauxhall to save some money leaving lots of people unhappy when their vehicles arrived.
So I guess that if something is important to you, no matter how insignificant, try & specify it on your order or do as pmlewis has and try & get something else to make up for it.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Digger my long lost mate from? how the devil are you? You have drop down trays do you, and doubt whether you will ever use them? you know something Digger I think we can do a trade here but give me a day or so to sort out the small print will you. Lol. Seriously I am very happy for you . . . .you jammy sod. I know I keep going on about them but I thinkthey would be useful (kids)in catching food that just misses the mouth. Thank You.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi bob
I know where you are coming from...

I had similar thoughts when I read your plight.....for about ten seconds.....Then the small print problem returned to me.

We both have 3 year warranties to worry about.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Guys, trays or no trays, expected or unexpected. Winston came with his as a standard titanium factory beastbuilt in March 09. We haven't used them personally but our twin nieces get great pleasure in kicking the c**p out of them and therefore they do protect the seat backs and are quite easy to clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts