Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an issue with my 2019 ST Line X with the temperature sensor which has stopped the air con working. The temperature reads -5ºC when it was 31ºC and the air con is blowing out warm air even on max low.

I've taken it to my local Ford and they stated £3K saying as I had a minor crack crack in the front bumper from 6 months earlier. They said I had extensive damage to the car, broken the rad and that the air con fluid had leaked everywhere.

Argued that it had been fine for 6 months, crack was from a roll into another car at 3mph but they insisted it was my fault and not covered under warranty. Decided to go through insurance who have fixed the cracking the bumper and asked to investigate Air Con damage. They said it was minimal and changed the temp sensor and got the car back with the air con all working fine.

3 weeks later, same issue. Take it back to Ford dealer who stated that it was due to the damage as previously stated and that the insurance repair was not up to "Ford's Standard".

Been looking online and it seems it's a known problem across a few different Ford models. It only stopped working after my service and I took it to a car wash as they never cleaned due to COVID guidelines. The second time it stopped working was after driving in heavy downpour. I read somewhere it's a poor connection and stops working correctly when it gets water in it.

I've tried resetting by pressing the Air Con + Recirc button together for 2 seconds, then the Air Con button but no luck. The temperature sensor will only show the correct temperature after driving 20mph + for 90 secs.

I'm disappointed with Ford, only had the car just over a year which I've purchased outright via MRC scheme but driving around with no air con has been unbearable this summer. My 2 local Ford service centres are extremely rude and I'm getting nowhere getting it fix. Had an insurance claim which I only went through with because I was told the damaged had caused the £3K of zircon damage and it's still not working.

Anyone else had a similar problem, know of a fix or where to go with this?

·
2,876 Posts
Have a search on the forum- it's due to water ingress into the sensor's plug (from memory.) Relocation of the sensor to a more sheltered area was the fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had an issue with my 2019 ST Line X with the temperature sensor which has stopped the air con working. The temperature reads -5ºC when it was 31ºC and the air con is blowing out warm air even on max low.

Anyone else had a similar problem, know of a fix or where to go with this?
I've recently encountered a similar issue on my 2012 MK1: only blows cold air on LOW, if you put another value, after a couple of minutes, it starts blowing hot air...
I'm thinking there might be an issue with the HVAC output temperature sensor (if it has such a thing).

I'm commenting to get notified if a more savvy user will help.

·
Super Moderator
691 Posts
The system will not cool if it thinks the outside temp is below (I believe) 6 or 8 degrees C in order to stop the AC compressor freezing... If your car is 2019, it's still under warranty, take it to the dealer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The system will not cool if it thinks the outside temp is below (I believe) 6 or 8 degrees C in order to stop the AC compressor freezing... If your car is 2019, it's still under warranty, take it to the dealer!
Thank you for the quick reply!
The temperature on the dash display is fine so I don't think it's the outside temperature sensor..
. No warranty, car made in 2012 (last issue of the first gen).

·
Super Moderator
691 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply!
The temperature on the dash display is fine so I don't think it's the outside temperature sensor..
. No warranty, car made in 2012 (last issue of the first gen).
Sorry, I saw the quote for the "2019 ST"...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the faulty outside temperature sensor issue in my Kuga which I bought new in 2017, I only had the car a few weeks when the outside temperature readings became erratic.
I had to take the car back to the Ford dealer five times before it was finally fixed, they replaced the front wiring loom and the sensor which they fitted in a different position, finally they decided that the problem was caused due to water getting into the sensor, I still have the car and had no sensor problems since.

Reactions: northantsmk2020
1 - 11 of 11 Posts