Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I went in for the dpf mod today and mentioned that I had some vibration noise when accelerating in the lower gears. I also mentioned that someone on here had reported a rattling noise which turned out to be the air con pipe - that's what mine turned out to be as well. This noise was coming from directly behind the steering wheel and so if you experience something like this it is a good place to ask the garage to start checking.

Other than that I'm 800 miles in now and absolutely lovingit. This has got to be the best car I've ever driven.

Ken

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello Ken

Glad to see you love the car...very much impressed with mine

I know about the DPF recall but i have not been called in with mine as yet.

Is it a full recall or is it limited to some identified vehicles

The Sales Man at the garage first made me aware of it when i got the car in May..but i have not heard anything from the garage since

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave,

I believe it was all cars sold before they found the problem which would have been around 20th May. The garage had asked me to come back after a month for a free courtesy check and when they rang to ask when I was going in they never mentioned the dpf until I asked whether they would be fixing it at the same time - it's not great publicity and so you can't blame them. I'm surprised that you haven't had a call though - are you expecting to go in for a courtesy check?

I rarely drive on motorways and so from what I've read I was very suseptible to this potential problem but everything was fine - I don't think I've heard from anyone who has actually experiencedthe problem. It only took 50 mins for the fix and check up so it's not a big job.
Ken

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

That's one of the good things about these forums - I never thought that they would find the source of the noise but having seen a post on here where the ac pipe had been the problem that was the first thing that they checked. All is well now - smooth and quiet!

Ken

·
Registered
43 Posts
kenefc said:
Hi,

I went in for the dpf mod today and mentioned that I had some vibration noise when accelerating in the lower gears. I also mentioned that someone on here had reported a rattling noise which turned out to be the air con pipe - that's what mine turned out to be as well. This noise was coming from directly behind the steering wheel and so if you experience something like this it is a good place to ask the garage to start checking.

Other than that I'm 800 miles in now and absolutely loving it. This has got to be the best car I've ever driven.

Ken  
Hi Ken, that was me with the rattling air con pipe...happy that it has helped

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Black Pantha - I certainly owe you some thanks asyou know how hard these things can be to pin down. At the very least it saved me several hours waiting in the garage.
Cheers.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts