Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 stline X 1.5 petrol + tech pack
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my mk3 for 3 months and yet to drive it in the dark. I am confused about the main beam pattern . When stationary, the main beam seams to have a vertical cut off line leaving no illumination between the lamps, light being directed outboard from both lamps. Is this normal , I havn't tested them on the road yet . on start up the dip beams do their set up movement.
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Roger,
I got the same package on my Kuga, if you look at the light switch on the right side of the steering wheel, turn it to the bottom light symbol and that should give you normal dip and full beam on your light stalk, default when the car is switched off and back on will go to adaptive lights again.
Also I thing while its in adaptive lights try pushing your dip/full beam stalk I am sure that also makes it go to normal dip/full beam.
I never like the Ford standard headlights and on previous Kuga mk2 and on 2 C-max I had xenon head lights but these adaptive headlight are the best I have come across and well worth the extra money they really do light up the road plus you don't blind cars coming towards you or cars in front of you.
Hope this helps.
Mark

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Roger,
I got the same package on my Kuga, if you look at the light switch on the right side of the steering wheel, turn it to the bottom light symbol and that should give you normal dip and full beam on your light stalk, default when the car is switched off and back on will go to adaptive lights again.
Also I thing while its in adaptive lights try pushing your dip/full beam stalk I am sure that also makes it go to normal dip/full beam.
I never like the Ford standard headlights and on previous Kuga mk2 and on 2 C-max I had xenon head lights but these adaptive headlight are the best I have come across and well worth the extra money they really do light up the road plus you don't blind cars coming towards you or cars in front of you.
Hope this helps.
Mark
Thanks Mark ,
The light switch didn’t seem to make a lot of difference. The issue I was trying to understand was the dead spot between the main beam when facing a wall. I think this is the shutter effect to stop dazzle, it seems to close as you pull back from the wall.
I had issues with my previous puma auto lamps not returning to high beam on country lanes and this is why I turned to manual.
I’ll give them a good test in a few weeks time.
Thanks
Roger

·
Registered
2021, Kuga Mk3, ST Line X, 2.5 PHEV
16 Posts
Hi RogerL
It could be that the adaptive light system is picking up the light coming back off the wall & collimating accordingly?

Cheer’s, Paul

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi RogerL
It could be that the adaptive light system is picking up the light coming back off the wall & collimating accordingly?

Cheer’s, Paul
My thoughts as well. I had issues with a puma auto maln beam so tried turning it off on the Kuga but the glare free cutout remained.
thanks Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts