Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCI, 63 plate. I bought this from SMC Crayford back in August 2017. I have two issues, i would like help with.
Firstly, I have been on to Ford Website to find out if I need to update my SatNav and put in the VIN number and it says that it is a 2014 Kuga, not a 2013 despite my paper work saying it was first registered in November 2013. Can anyone shed any light on why this is.
Secondly, the SATNAV, which is a SYNC 1.0 with bluetooth voice controls. Once the route has been put in it only shows a black screen with a yellow line, (the road, I guess) with an arrow. It does not show any other roads or routes. How do I rectify this. It has been back to the dealer to have this problem sorted out at the same time as something else and they failed to address the problem.
I wondered if anyone had any ideas what I could to rectify this. I dont really want to take my car to a Ford dealer, be without a car, while they take their time to try to sort the problem out.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Welcome.

Could Ford's website be saying it's a 2014 model year/ specification, rather than it was made in 2014? You'll often find manufacturers give a year date to designate the build of their vehicles- so all of them labelled as a 2014 model year would be the same (even if they were made in 2013 or 2015.) So there could be something like an updated transmission or more standard features over a 2013 model year. You'll usually see something like "2014 MY" or "MY 2014". Ford often use decimal places in the model years too- so you could have MY 2014.5 or similar.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about the model/ registration date, my Kuga is the 2017 uplift ST Line but was registered in November 2016, most manufacturers work like that where models n reg dates don’t match up
As for sync that definitely sounds like a fault, when I bought my 2014 Titanium X Sport, sync 1 screen continually had me located in Germany on a frozen screen, dealer replaced screen to no avail and fault was eventually traced to faulty antennae

·
Registered
131 Posts
Could this be a corrupted or damaged SD card causing this?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Quite possibly , as it holds all mapping data

1 - 5 of 5 Posts