Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Frozen White Titanium manual 2wd 150 appearance pack, Sync 3.4
48 Posts
Yes, i thought so build is way out of was date its now 21020 and maps as you say F10
Ignore those figures that was actually just one version behind and only changed a few days ago

·
Registered
2019 St-Line Edition 2L TDCi 150 2WD
38 Posts
20136 is one of the flawed builds, it has USB playback issues and also has the pointless Climate tab on the screen, I say pointless because it does not and never will work correctly.
Ah so there's hope that will disappear again. I hate its uselessness.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,701 Posts
Ah so there's hope that will disappear again. I hate its uselessness.
Yep, it's gone, although you'll have to wait for another 2 updates before it does though. Unless you join the super highway as Ronnie would call it.

Reactions: Ross J and PJ Kuga

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,290 Posts
Join the super highway you won’t regret it👍

Reactions: RonnieM

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
57 Posts
I’m trying to get the latest update from Ford’s site to try and fix an annoying DAB bug, but when I enter my VIN on the update site it just says “please try again later”. It’s been like this for weeks. Has anyone found a workaround or am I now forever stuck on build 20282?

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,530 Posts
Unfortunately you are stuck with Ford site, the alternative route is not suitable for cars built in 2020 or later

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
471 Posts
I’m trying to get the latest update from Ford’s site to try and fix an annoying DAB bug, but when I enter my VIN on the update site it just says “please try again later”. It’s been like this for weeks. Has anyone found a workaround or am I now forever stuck on build 20282?
Make sure you enter the VIN correctly O's are not 0's and 0's are not O's, but as @RonnieM has said the super highway does not work with your build.
What is the DAB issue and is your Sync 3 up to date.
@andspenka might want to move this as he has a MK3.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Unfortunately you are stuck with Ford site, the alternative route is not suitable for cars built in 2020 or later
Not strictly true, you can do autoinstall, just not reformat. It would come with 3.4 as standard anyway and the latest version of the program can do maps without a reformat. ;)

Reactions: davidoff

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,530 Posts
Thanks Andrew, you learn something new everyday👨‍🎓😉

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
57 Posts
@RonnieM ok, cheers.

@davidoff the site worked a month ago when I updated to 20282 but nothing since. Even tried re-uploading the generated XML file. The separate DAB issue I have is here: DAB “No Stations Found” SYNC 3.4 though it looks like it’s now not fixed by SYNC update.

Thought I’d try my luck in a current SYNC 3 discussion to see if it was just me having the issue. There are probably enough combined SYNC issues to start a whole other forum :LOL:

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,806 Posts
With all the issues people seem to have with updating sync perhaps Ford need to find a more appropriate name.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
With all the issues people seem to have with updating sync perhaps Ford need to find a more appropriate name.
There is absolutely no issue updating Sync 3, the issue arises when you try to do using Ford's update website. It's the same files that are being used, the only difference is the download & USB preparation method.

Ford just want to control, how many updates you can have and when you're allowed to have them.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Yeah they should change it to FIAT, Fix It Again Tony😀

·
5,806 Posts
Yeah they should change it to FIAT, Fix It Again Tony😀
I thought it was Fix It Again Tomorrow.

I have owned two Fiats. I doubt I will ever own another.

·
Registered
2018 Vignale
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So many weeks later and I thought I would have another go downloading a new Map (Currently on version F7) so I have downloaded ok, i think onto laptop but when copying to my usb i get the following message, this happened last time as well, so frustrating, there must be an easier way (Use Tom Tom)?

Error 1.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Is that a PC error code, is the "sync my ride" file in your downloads folder and is it all there.
what USB drive are you using and is it formatted correctly.

·
5,806 Posts
Could be the game of solitaire in the background causing issues 😂.

Have you tried putting a tick in the box that says does this for all current items and pressing skip and then seeing what it does.

·
Registered
2018 Vignale
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Smartguy and david off. i have now got 8 files copied succesfully onto my usb, I reread the instructions and took on board your comments, i changed my USB for a Sandisk, I stopped playing solititaire , Oh and i formatted the usb to exfat and not fat32. hopefully it will load into the car ok. Just a question though, when i update the navigation will i lose all my favourite destinations?

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Could be the game of solitaire in the background causing issues.
Really?

Maybe if he's still using a Windows XP computer :rolleyes:

We already know what the issue is, it's Ford's clunky download site!

·
5,806 Posts
Really?

Maybe if he's still using a Windows XP computer :rolleyes:

We already know what the issue is, it's Ford's clunky download site!
It was a tongue in cheek comment lol. I missed a smiley face off. I stuck one in now.

I have that same message box pops up quite a lot when trying to transfer files on our works server. It won't transfer the file until I tick the box and press skip and then it will do it which puzzles me as you would think it would leave it where it was. Could be a windows issue, server issue or my works surface pro. Who knows but it's annoying.

Are you going to assist. I am only on this thread as I'm bored.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts