Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vignale
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I currently have sync 3 version 3 and maps version 7, i have been onto ford website for updates and have downloaded the update to sync, put it in the car got the message that the update has worked ok but according to ford website it should have created a file that i need to input before i can get the map upgrade, but no file has been generated, Have i done something wrong ?

·
Registered
2018 Vignale
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I still have sync version 3 and not 3.3 as some of you seen to have

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
313 Posts
If you look at Q&As on Ford site you will see how to generate file.

·
Registered
2018 Vignale
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ignore me please , i have found the log file and am now downloading the map uprade

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,230 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
are you using a windows PC ? I have an iMac but downloads just don't want to work grrrrr

·
Registered
2018 Vignale
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ronnie M I still have version 3 , Davey using a windows PC but having trouble as the download takes so long , the wifi doesnt seem to be stable enough then the download starts again from the start, just about to connect my Laptop via a cable to see if that is any better, christ what a poor system this is

·
Update Ninja
3,230 Posts
are you using a windows PC ? I have an iMac but downloads just don't want to work grrrrr
You can do it on mac but you have to select manual method and if you're not very confident its not easy. You can install windows on a mac Ive done it in the past, the method is built in to Mac operating system, its a bit clunky and unreliable...........you can buy a program called “parallels” to put windows on the mac which apparently is great.
I use my old windows PC for my sync downloads

·
Update Ninja
3,230 Posts
Ronnie M I still have version 3 , Davey using a windows PC but having trouble as the download takes so long , the wifi doesnt seem to be stable enough then the download starts again from the start, just about to connect my Laptop via a cable to see if that is any better, christ what a poor system this is
Connect laptop via ethernet cable for a stable connection and download time is dependent on your internet speed

·
Registered
2018 Vignale
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Connect laptop via ethernet cable for a stable connection and download time is dependent on your internet speed
that was my plan , however can i find a cable? not for love nor money, have to give it up for today

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
You can do it on mac but you have to select manual method and if you're not very confident its not easy. You can install windows on a mac Ive done it in the past, the method is built in to Mac operating system, its a bit clunky and unreliable...........you can buy a program called “parallels” to put windows on the mac which apparently is great.
I use my old windows PC for my sync downloads
I use VMWare but as you say it's clunky.

·
Registered
2019 St-Line Edition 2L TDCi 150 2WD
30 Posts
Um what is it you guys are downloading that needs Windows? I just went to Update SYNC to get sync 3.4 and the maps using a Mac. Is there anything more?

·
Registered
2017 Frozen White Titanium manual 2wd 150 appearance pack, Sync 3.4
48 Posts
Generally speaking it’s much easier to use windows, you can use a Mac but it’s unstable... better off loading up a windows emulator, it will take up to 2 hours using Ethernet (preferred) WiFi is unstable. Fords servers are notoriously slow so bear that in mind. Alternatively depending on the age of your vehicle and how you feel about going outside of the Original method you can use Cyanlabs, this using the same files your trying to download from Fords but uses a scripted application which has been created by Cyanlabs ... it will enable you to use the very latest updates that Ford (depending on age) will not offer... you cannot go this route if your vehicle is 2020

·
Update Ninja
3,230 Posts
Um what is it you guys are downloading that needs Windows? I just went to Update SYNC to get sync 3.4 and the maps using a Mac. Is there anything more?
What version maps did you get and what full version of sync have you got, I bet its out of date

Reactions: PJ Kuga

·
Update Ninja
3,230 Posts
You're right, its 3.4 build 20136 but maps are F9, not F10 like I could have sworn.
Yes, i thought so build is way out of date its now 21020 and maps as you say F10

Reactions: PJ Kuga

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,337 Posts
You're right, its 3.4 build 20136 but maps are F9, not F10 like I could have sworn.
20136 is one of the flawed builds, it has USB playback issues and also has the pointless Climate tab on the screen, I say pointless because it does not and never will work correctly.

Reactions: RonnieM
1 - 20 of 34 Posts