Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Hope someone can give me some guidance.

I downloaded the Sync 3 update from Ford website and tried to install it today, a couple of messages came up on the very top of the screen so thought all was ok checked the notes that i printed off and it said that because of the size of the files it could take 8 minutes for the prompts on the screen, well 25 minutes later i am still sat there with diddly squat happening.

I did ask the dealer to perform the update for me when the car was in for it's last service but they decided to ignore my request and told me to book it in again and they would do it for me, told them not to bother as how difficult can it be!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,778 Posts
Hello,

Hope someone can give me some guidance.

I downloaded the Sync 3 update from Ford website and tried to install it today, a couple of messages came up on the very top of the screen so thought all was ok checked the notes that i printed off and it said that because of the size of the files it could take 8 minutes for the prompts on the screen, well 25 minutes later i am still sat there with diddly squat happening.

I did ask the dealer to perform the update for me when the car was in for it's last service but they decided to ignore my request and told me to book it in again and they would do it for me, told them not to bother as how difficult can it be!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike you are looking at AT LEAST 45 minutes to complete the upgrade and it happens in two phases.

Update (about 30-40 minutes)

Key cycle off and then on
Finalisation phase (about 10-20 minutes).

Take a look at the ridiculously long update thread (use forum search).

If it works for you first time, it will be a first!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I will try it again tomorrow as I will be on a journey of about 2 hours.

I will report back tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Well 2 and a half drive to Essex and a 2 and a half hour back and sweet fa.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only wanted it so I could update the maps.

I bought the car in 2017 and didn't realise the maps were 2 years out of date when I bought it, it goes back next March think I will leave it for the dealer to sort out.

My only dilemma is a new Kuga or a different brand? I do love the drive I get its just the dealers aren't interested after they have sold you the car.

Well that's enough of my bleating.

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
To be honest if you get the dealer to sort it out I think you will be the first to do so as it can take a while and they will almost certainly charge. Use the search facility for Sync 3 map updates and you will realise the problems that have arisen and how members have got round them, many things affect the download such as flash drive makes and formatting methods, make sure you format to Fat32 and have a drive a lot bigger than what instructions say, I used 32gb and it worked first time for me but lots of others tried multiple times
This is my original post thread

https://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/30-mk2-general-discussion/13195-sync-3-navigation-map-update.html

Good luck

·
Registered
300 Posts
Can second Ronnie's post. Also used 32gb usb formatted to Fat32. Do the upgrade while going
for a drive. Allow minimum of 30 - 40 minutes with door/ key cycle between parts. Worked first
time for me as well.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The USB memory stick needs to be formatted as exFAT not FAT32
My mistake sorry, exfat is correct not fat32, a while since I did it and my memory is cr**

1 - 11 of 11 Posts