Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As previously posted regarding problems updating via USB, telephone number to ring if and when you get Installation Failed message is Ford Customer Services. When you ring this number you are then directed to Ford Technical on 0906 553 3447 (very expensive premium rate)
I bit the bullet and spoke to a guy at that end and thankfully he rang me back after a 3 minute call.
When he rang back the call was 9 minutes long so it would have cost a fortune for me if he hadnt, anyway the outcome was that the SYNC 3 update is only available from dealers as the USB method has not been fully signed off yet as its still in Beta stage with minor niggles and website has been updated too early, consequently some successful outcomes but lots of failures.The USB method will be available to Joe Public in near future
I have booked in at dealer for mine

Edited by: phoneman

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks and good to know. I was informed by my local dealer that any update by them would be chargeable as there are no issues with Sync 3 as such, so it's not treated as a fault, which is why they put the update online. However, this does not appear to be the case, but just glad mine worked otherwise it would have been a bit of a battle for me. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
359 Posts
DAJJ said:
Thanks and good to know. I was informed by my local dealer that any update by them would be chargeable as there are no issues with Sync 3 as such, so it's not treated as a fault, which is why they put the update online. However, this does not appear to be the case, but just glad mine worked otherwise it would have been a bit of a battle for me. Hope you get it sorted.

What a load of old cobblers, Ford and the Dealers know very well there is a problem with Sync 3 as one or two on this very forum will testify!

Mine is going in on March 9th, following what will be (by that time) a whole year of complaining to Ford and the Dealer!!

Ron

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
The.Real.Me said:
DAJJ said:

What a load of old cobblers, Ford and the Dealers know very well there is a problem with Sync 3 as one or two on this very forum will testify!

Mine is going in on March 9th, following what will be (by that time) a whole year of complaining to Ford and the Dealer!!

Ron
Exactly Ron.

I did post on the other thread on this subject, that it was a dealer upgrade and that it should be free as its a fault in the DAB software for truncated text. There may also be some fixes to AUTO time at DST.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm on v 2.3 (out of the box) so as this is newest, what's different in it from v 2.2 (no one i've asked, in other places seems to know either) is thee a changelog?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, got car back today from a warranty check on 2 items and a request for SYNC3 update. Dealer said that update is not as yet available to all branches of dealerships. Their main branch has it on a dongle but as yet they havent got round to updating their other branches but it will be applied once fully released if and when car is in for service or anything else and it is a FREE update

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting reply from your dealer, considering they could simply download it from the web like everyone else, but glad to hear it's free! Have they advised how they would install it, in view of the problems you encountered, as I can't see it being a lot different?

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Maybe you were fortunate that yours installed OK Darren, and it doesn't always install OK, as per Phoneman.

My Sync 2 didn't update first time they attempted it and they had to have the car back and carry out the update with Ford themselves monitoring the download and uploading of the update remotely. They obviously found what the problem was as they managed it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fillco said:
Maybe you were fortunate that yours installed OK Darren, and it doesn't always install OK, as per Phoneman.

My Sync 2 didn't update first time they attempted it and they had to have the car back and carry out the update with Ford themselves monitoring the download and uploading of the update remotely. They obviously found what the problem was as they managed it.

Yes, totally agree, but the fact that the dealer didn't even try was a little disappointing when it is available to them.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
DAJJ said:
Fillco said:

Yes, totally agree, but the fact that the dealer didn't even try was a little disappointing when it is available to them.
Well yes that's true, but they may also know of possible issues so made an excuse (am I giving them the benefit of any doubt
)

Edited by: Fillco

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Told I would receive a phone call to rebook when its available to them and I have the paperwork stating that so I have ammunition if I need it. They did say that recommended time allocation for the update is 5 hrs so full day booking is required. Never had reason to doubt my local dealership as they have always been good whenever I have a problem

Darren, I can only assume its not 100% guaranteed yet, maybe thats why Ford Technical told me it shouldnt have been released on web yet for DIY updating, guess well just have to suck it and seeEdited by: phoneman

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
.Edited by: phoneman

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think you're right and maybe it shouldn't have been released yet, but hopefully you will get these resolved soon.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Yes 5 hours was what I was told at their first attempt, they had the car all day and were unsuccessful. Second attempt said 5 hours the same, but car was picked up at 10.30 and received a phone call at 11.30 telling me that they were just washing my car and it will be dropped off by 12.30, update complete and successful.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Have you not noticed that the DAB text is truncated? Also hopefully, they have fixed the auto time zone time display so you dont have to adjust time at DST (well on SatNav versions anyway) and probably some other things we don't know about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sunderland Lookers Ford Have update for upgrading from 2.2, but it will take a full day booking. Basically they don't want a guy sat in car for 2 hours ticking a box and accepting things. So they set it away and check back every hour or so they can acknowledge things, thats why it takes so long.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I didn't have anything to check on mine, with the exception of the auto stop after 30 mins which they could possibly disable. I started the car, plugged in the USB and left it for 40 mins or so until it said update complete. I'm starting to feel that I was very lucky, so maybe I won't do anymore updates.

1 - 20 of 540 Posts