Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow on from my earlier thread started in the MK 2 general discussion, but now carried on in the new MK 3 section.
I have successfully downloaded and installed the above SYNC 3 .4 update on my MK 3 Kuga, plus i have sent an xml log file back to Ford. But the Ford SYNC website is still stating that i have got the same update to download and install, it is not recognising that i have already done it. I believe until this error is cleared i will not be able to download the latest F9 map update to my car. Has any other MK 3 owners got the same problem.
Note - One thing i would like to make other potential MK 3 customers aware is that there is not a CD player any more in the vehicle ! certainly not in my ST line x first edition.

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Sometimes the Ford website can take days if not weeks to update and, as you say until it does you cannot download the maps. there is no way to circumvent this. If you call Ford they will simply tell you to contact your dealer who will charge you £110+ to check and then tell you that until the website updates you cannot dowload the map update.

Sadly, on mist marques, CDs have gone forever. SEAT still fit them on some model and you can but a ludicrously expensive after-market player that feeds into the USB socket.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes the Ford website can take days if not weeks to update and, as you say until it does you cannot download the maps. there is no way to circumvent this. If you call Ford they will simply tell you to contact your dealer who will charge you £110+ to check and then tell you that until the website updates you cannot dowload the map update.

Sadly, on mist marques, CDs have gone forever. SEAT still fit them on some model and you can but a ludicrously expensive after-market player that feeds into the USB socket.
It has been more than 26 days since i had this problem with the SYNC 3 update system. The Ford website is still saying that i need to download update no.2533630288 (2.5GB). I have already successfully downloaded this update onto my SYNC 3.4 and sent a log file back to Ford. Until the Ford website recognises this i cannot download my maps to F9.
I even downloaded the 2.5 GB file again to my USB stick and tried to install the file again, but nothing as i presume that the SYNC 3.4 on my car knows i have already downloaded it.
Are there any IT experts on this forum who know how to overcome this problem, or have experienced the same problem. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
As I posted four weeks ago

Sometimes the Ford website can take days if not weeks to update and, as you say until it does you cannot download the maps. there is no way to circumvent this. If you call Ford they will simply tell you to contact your dealer who will charge you £110+ to check and then tell you that until the website updates you cannot download the map update.

There is nothing that you can do to 'force' the Ford website to update, you simply have to wait.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think there are some issues at present on the ford update site as it said my VIN wasn't recognised. I then tried it with another VIN that I had take from the registration from a dealers website and that wasn't recognised either.

As I am updating the hardware to sync 2 I thought it be an idea to have the latest sync update from ford after I have it all working. I did manage to get one of the other VIN numbers I had to be accepted and then it said sync was up to date. I just kept changing the last number until it found one that hadn't been updated and downloaded it.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD 1.5 Turbo EcoBoost Petrol Auto 180bhp
98 Posts
Same here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts