Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I think someone has got their pricing structure wrong somewhere. If the plug need for the sync 3 media hub is a four pin type inline I have seen them advertised could have been on alibaba or ali express. I would just cut the plug of the sync 2 and join it (not with scotch clips lol). They were ace when they first came out and now seen as not so professional.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
We managed to craft a fine bodge up for the power connections to test the Carplay side. Simply pushing wire into the holes on the Sync 2 loom plug, and connecting to some pins I had that sat 'nicely' in the Sync 3 plug. Not anything we could have left, but did the trick for now.

I'm happy to splice wires onto the cars loom, but need some sort of plug to go onto the 4 pin connector on the Sync 3 hub. If all else fails, I'll somehow solder them onto the pins.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Is this what you are after. I can't believe that I spent ages trying to find a 12 pin plug that fits the sync 2 media hub and here it is. Too late for me now as I bought a console from a C-max which had the wiring loom with it. This is from an american site but I am sure I have seen these on ebay.

1600272526147.png

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Is this what you are after. I can't believe that I spent ages trying to find a 12 pin plug that fits the sync 2 media hub and here it is. Too late for me now as I bought a console from a C-max which had the wiring loom with it. This is from an american site but I am sure I have seen these on ebay.

View attachment 4390
Yeah, that's kinda it. That plug doesn't look like the Sync 2a version on the car side though.

Lots in China with estimated delivery in mid October. I'm really thinking of attempting to solder directly onto the pins of the hub connector, will be tricky as they're recessed into the body, but if successful then we could just splice into the loom.

I'm disappointed about there not being a good solution to mount the USB hub into the console though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
As Nigel says... Climate will need activating with Forscan.... But it will be reversed. The adapter for the media hub, I gave up and just slotted mine into the gap left by the Sync 2 hub.
I did the same, there's a gap at each side but it's in the arm rest so I'm not too bothered.

I know this is US, but is it not this one??

That's the same one I bought and it's massive, it'a almost the same width as the arm rest so there's no way it will fit.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
@christianbeccy Is this the lead you are after. You might have to ask the seller if the plug is right for your car. It should be a female socket 4 pins over 8 pins. I have the Kuga media hub sat next to me lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
@christianbeccy Is this the lead you are after. You might have to ask the seller if the plug is right for your car. It should be a female socket 4 pins over 8 pins. I have the Kuga media hub sat next to me lol.

Yes, that's the one I'd seen. I guess I should just order that and wait. Now that we've done all the updates and the Father-in-Law is delighted even without being able to use CarPlay, waiting a few more weeks for full functionality isn't the end of the world.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
The one I posted says it's in the UK and you should have it by Tuesday next week. Worth a risk for £10.79

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The one I posted says it's in the UK and you should have it by Tuesday next week. Worth a risk for £10.79
I know that's what the listing says, but it's definitely in Hong Kong and they state the following...

• We greatly appreciate your POSITIVE feedback. Please do NOT leave negative feedback without asking for help
  • Our aim is to provide Top Level Customer Service, so we will try our best to solve any problem.
  • Please DON'T leave negative or neutral feedback if you haven't received item in 30 days, because we have mentioned the shipping time repeatedly.
You're right, I'll take the chance, but I am certain we won't see it until well into October, certainly not next Tuesday!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I know that's what the listing says, but it's definitely in Hong Kong and they state the following...

• We greatly appreciate your POSITIVE feedback. Please do NOT leave negative feedback without asking for help
  • Our aim is to provide Top Level Customer Service, so we will try our best to solve any problem.
  • Please DON'T leave negative or neutral feedback if you haven't received item in 30 days, because we have mentioned the shipping time repeatedly.
You're right, I'll take the chance, but I am certain we won't see it until well into October, certainly not next Tuesday!
Well spotted......I just saw the date.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I'm Mr Cynical. LOL. Ebay are wrong for allowing companies to so easily appear as though they have UK stock when it's simply not true. Amazon are as bad though to be honest.
Yes I should have scrolled down. Business seller registered in China.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, you just need to look for the seller name and it's normally 54 characters long :ROFLMAO:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts