Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Updated fine as per Ford site once I used windows instead of the Mac. Going to update maps on a drive at the weekend

·
Registered
9 Posts
The mac kept splitting the sync files so the sync system did not See the USB a site I looked at said to down load through google not safari but it still split the files. Once I used windows it was fine took less than 15 mins to update to 3.0

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
still no joy this is what I have on my usb I'm using an iMac thanks View attachment 6035 View attachment 6035 View attachment 6035
I think you have just found your problem......imac

Not knocking mac as I have a macbook pro but somethings are just so much easier using windows. See Tony67's posts or use a windows laptop and make sure your usb stick is an MBR partition. Post number 33 tells you how to check.

You can run windows as well on an imac just in case you don't have easy access for anything that has windows on it.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,049 Posts
I never had a problem using mac to do updates, but did find zip programs differed

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I never had a problem using mac to do updates, but did find zip programs differed
I doubt I would have problems with a mac either but two out of the four guys who are unable to upload to their car have. I thought I would check some of my usb sticks and two out of the five are GPT. Both have been used to do a windows clean install which would explain why.

There are some things that are better or should I say easier done on a windows pc. However few weeks back I had a drive that I wanted to put in an old laptop for selling and the drive wasn't recognised by windows no matter what I did. Stuck it on the mac and found I could format it so the drive could be seen by windows.

Not sure what format the default is on a mac as not done it years but I think it gives you three or four options.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,049 Posts
Yes there are a few options on a mac and if I remember correctly I think the default option is journald, caused me loads of problems when switching from windows to mac, could never get my head round it but I got there in the end and am used to it now

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
That could be why @Davey wavey is having problems. I will have a look later to see how you check the volume type on a usb stick on a mac in disk utility. He has the right folder names.

He is using a Sandisk which will be MBR as default unless he has formatted the disk on the mac which may have changed the volume type.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks guys I love this forum
im waiting to borrow a windows laptop to see if it makes a difference
so will let you know

41 - 51 of 51 Posts