Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Sync 3 map update

21K views 136 replies 26 participants last post by  Mavric 
#1 ·
Morning all, probably a question asked many times....
I am trying to update my maps, this is third time I have downloaded the files onto brand new 64gb usb flash drive, each time I get this error message?

See less See more
#8 ·
You need to go down the Will Work Route and ditch the Ford Might Work Route😉

#11 ·
easiest way to update maps is to buy a new sd card, i went to fleabay and bought one for £22, had a sticker with tom tom on it, gave it a go, works perfect, finding roads that are only 2 months old.

Reactions: Ade C
#17 · (Edited)
Updated my sync3 today , first attempt as always when taking the “will work route”

Reactions: Ade C
#18 ·
SYNC 3 NO SD CARD,,,,,Going to try and up date mine over the weekend

#20 ·
Ok is this better lol

#21 ·
Another successful update

#130 ·
Bought my car with map version F6.1 on sync v 3.0 upps. Looks like I got to do some reading up to do this weekend. Does anyone know if the dealers have a fast track way to do this via a direct link connection to the module? Doing this via a usb port or wifi seems a very slow way.

#25 ·
I am, theres the Ford route for updates ( its a cul de sac) and theres the open highway route😉

#29 ·
@RonnieM how long did it take to download to your sync3 I have downloaded it it’s on the usb stick ready ,,I’m working in Gloucester tomorrow so a long run should do it ,,,(that’s if I don’t get errors)

#31 · (Edited)
oh ok,,,it’s Ford’s method🙄 I might expect errors then lol

any help will be appropriated👍

#33 ·
I dont use Ford route Ross, hopeless and not reliable so not sure what update you will have, but guarantee it wont be as up to date as the super highway

Reactions: andspenka
#37 ·
Theres a later software release today David

#38 ·
Cyanlabs?

#42 ·
Just a point re the guy who was saying his 2014 car with sync 3 and an SD card could have been some April 1st foolery.

#44 ·
And he hasn't come back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.