Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only topic i seem to complain about is issues relating to SYNC 3 map updates. I now have another one as the Ford SYNC website tells me that i have another download to transfer to my car. My current system is i believe to be up to date as follows:
SYNC 3.4
Build 21020
Maps F10
First of all i do not know what the latest 23.7GB download is for, plus it could be F10 maps again. If so all i will get is the "installation failed MEM_0001ERROR" message again, meaning the SYNC 3 memory is full.
Has anybody on the forum downloaded this particular up date and know what it is ? or as i have F10 maps just ignore it.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
665 Posts
The only topic i seem to complain about is issues relating to SYNC 3 map updates. I now have another one as the Ford SYNC website tells me that i have another download to transfer to my car. My current system is i believe to be up to date as follows:
SYNC 3.4
Build 21020
Maps F10
First of all i do not know what the latest 23.7GB download is for, plus it could be F10 maps again. If so all i will get is the "installation failed MEM_0001ERROR" message again, meaning the SYNC 3 memory is full.
Has anybody on the forum downloaded this particular up date and know what it is ? or as i have F10 maps just ignore it.
You are up to date, it just takes Ford ages to update the Sync database after you send the download confirmation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same - showing that a huge update was due on my Kiuga and I couldn’t do it by USB stick. The way To do it is by connecting your sync3 to wifi - I can do this by connecting to my home WiFi when parked in my driveway and selecting settings- automatic updates-check for updates. You don’t even need to leave the system on, I lock the car and leave it. The Forddealer told me this will be the only way to update in future.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
665 Posts
I had the same - showing that a huge update was due on my Kiuga and I couldn’t do it by USB stick. The way To do it is by connecting your sync3 to wifi - I can do this by connecting to my home WiFi when parked in my driveway and selecting settings- automatic updates-check for updates. You don’t even need to leave the system on, I lock the car and leave it. The Forddealer told me this will be the only way to update in future.
Hi welcome to the forum, what model Kuga do you have.
Don’t think you can do map updates over WiFi.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
davidoff is right ! you can only do small OTA wifi updates to your car on the drive. Anything bigger like a 22 GB map update will need to be down loaded to your pc and then on to a usb stick .Large files have to be unzipped after down loading to your pc.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
KUGA 2021 Vignale PHEV
4 Posts
I have had the same error but I'm on F9 maps.

SYNC Map update 23667292657 21.9GB (22GB unzipped) - MEM_ERR01

KUGA Vignale, PHEV, 2021
SYNC 3, Version 3.4, Build 21020.
Maps F9

Error MEM_ERR01 when trying to load the new maps from USB.
The SYNC & Maps software update website said I had to update. The map zip file was downloaded from the site and unpacked onto newly formatted (ex-FAT) USB stick.

Ford LiveChat said the error was due to lack of space and for me to do a SYNC unit Master Reset.
I did the reset, but I still get the same error message.
In contacting Ford LiveChat again, I was told to speak to a local dealer.

Any ideas on a potential fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum, what model Kuga do you have.
Don’t think you can do map updates over WiFi.
Hi, it’s a 2020 ST Line First Edition 1.5T
confused now! When the dealer said all updates would be done by WiFi I assumed he meant software and map updates?

·
Super Moderator
2,605 Posts
Hi, it’s a 2020 ST Line First Edition 1.5T
confused now! When the dealer said all updates would be done by WiFi I assumed he meant software and map updates?

Sometimes the updates actually do get loaded over WiFi but, from experience, it is so inconsistent that it's down to inserting a USB drive to ensure that it happens I;m afraid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SYNC 3.4
Build 21020
Maps F10
I have had the same problem. The software update loaded fine. However the maps showed the MEM_ERR01. I spoke to FORD yesterday and they called back today. Apparently the map download is corrupted (their issue, I'm told). The new maps may not be available for 4 - 8 weeks.

HTH
Monty

·
Registered
Kuga 2.0 ST-Line+ First Edition
5 Posts
SYNC 3.4
Build 21020
Maps F10
Hi all,
I've been having issues updating my Syn3.4 Maps 22gb. " of the files repeatedly failed to unpack correctly. Having checked with Ford UK unfortunately no techie available. Eventually found that the issue was caused by my Memory Stick although 64 gb the file unit size was set far too low thereby stopping these two extra large files downloading correctly. Changed the setting to Max and Bingo all downloaded, unpacked and system updated correctly. My system Build is 21194 and shows fully up-to-date 23/09/2021.
Hope this is useful info for any of you suffering.😅

1 - 10 of 10 Posts