Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

461 - 471 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
For me it happened almost immediately after supplying a few fellow Kuga owners with my xml files, must've been spring last year ? I think. And it kept happening again and again, so I'm fairly certain that it was the same culprit since 2018 until today. And yes, the xml file will upload if you just correct the filename, however this is wrong, because if you don't alter the file contents as well, it will cause the donor Kuga to "lose" its SYNC.
Well, all i want is the new maps F8 files associated with my 19205 firmware..

I am still considering, as i might be missing something between 18026 -> 19205, and whether this can ruin my radio or more, one thing is the simple IDS check, if thats what it is for the dealer.

·
Registered
518 Posts
For me it happened almost immediately after supplying a few fellow Kuga owners with my xml files
Got my card recovered to 19101 from another russian site, with a reformat tool and new base firmware, car is now back in full force..

Was otherwise broken , so never use another car's VIN firmware, that looks very bad and like a direct dealer fix, but no, the russians with reformat software solved it :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just tried to install this map update and after being told it had updated successfully and to remove the USB it then stated that there was an installation failure. Later my GPS signal vanished, when I tried to use the hands free it would ring but on pick up the speaker and microphone did not work and when the call ended the radio did not restart...

Sort of fixed it by turning on then off again and downloaded the update again and tried to reinstall but after having the "Installing" message for over 2 hours I gave up.
Today it all seems ok but I am worried it may go pear shaped any moment...

Anyone had anything similar?

·
Registered
54 Posts
After 2 months of fiddling I have officially given up

I have been having the following error code: LST_ERR05 - "Download the files again and try the installation again."
The GPS signal keeps dropping out and the hands free often does not work. I have to do a full car off/locked up then restart to clear it.

I cannot download the software for reinstallation because my Ford account shows the software as up to date and I no longer have the file on USB and I have been told they can not roll back my software state to allow me to download again.

I asked for advice in the Ford chat and was told to contact my local garage - so that was useful.

... taking it to Ford to fix...

·
Registered
44 Posts
The error suggests a problem with the USB file structure, make sure it is formatted exFAT and see the notes on page 5 of the attached if you haven’t already seen them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
It may be a line from a certain shampoo advert, although I am follicaly challenged myself and oMG she does have an annoying personality vacuum. After all these years she wears the same make up, its wearing thin and it’s time for a revamp. IMHO

as to the update, I didn’t realise it was once a year. It would make sense but is that a contradiction in itself if Ford are involved. So I’m told anyway.

Vinny is still running spot on. Now let me look for that annoying map update ....but as I’ve no hair I can pull it out. The nails have have only just recovered from the last time I tried to load it, so maybe I’ll have to chew on a stick or my gimp mask. 👹

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It may be a line from a certain shampoo advert, although I am follicaly challenged myself and oMG she does have an annoying personality vacuum. After all these years she wears the same make up, its wearing thin and it’s time for a revamp. IMHO

as to the update, I didn’t realise it was once a year. It would make sense but is that a contradiction in itself if Ford are involved. So I’m told anyway.

Vinny is still running spot on. Now let me look for that annoying map update ....but as I’ve no hair I can pull it out. The nails have have only just recovered from the last time I tried to load it, so maybe I’ll have to chew on a stick or my gimp mask. 👹
I did often wonder why men lose their hair and women don't but although I have some theories I do not wish to be classed as a sexist......I think Claudia looks quite well for her age and the reason for her make up wearing a little thin is maybe that she never takes it off allegedly. I have no comment to make regarding the map update as I don't have sync 3 lol.

461 - 471 of 471 Posts