Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

SYNC 3 lagging after v3 update

11K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  The Painter 
#1 ·
Hello, recently I updated my SYNC 3 v2.3 to v3, and my system has started to lag(very slow to respond.)
Is there any chance to revert update back to v2.3 or any other fix ?
Model - Ford Kuga-Vignale 2018
Already did soft reset and master reset.

#5 ·
Give it some time first, as @Gregs24 says (y)

#7 ·
You cannot go back with conventional means, I doubt that even your local Ford shop would be able to do this, you'll either have to visit a main dealer/service, or resort to some XDA or GPSnet thread to find a way to do it.

The master reset just clears up the system's cache, i.e. deletes files from the previous installation/update.

#11 ·
Better get the winters on Anthony

#12 ·
Oh no what have I started. I feel a winter tyre debate coming on.

Hopefully with a slight digression it will have given enough time for the OP's sync 3 to have properly updated itself.

#14 ·
If you have some mountains then Greece could become the next popular ski resort. Subject to travel restrictions of course.

#15 ·
Hi, just to let you know I also last week downloaded and installed V3.0 20204 and have the same problem as you. Everything lags so much it's unusable. From what I've read this is a fairly new update so I wonder if this problem is going to show it's head as the days/weeks go on. My car (2017) has been running for over 2 hours twice since the update so it should have sorted it out by now.
When you get in it seems ok but very soon after each button press it's gets slower until it's so slow you think it's locked up.

#16 ·
Yeah, t'hats exactly my case.
I found out one more thing - Yesterday I put the usb (with the same update) back in and as the system update process started again, it started to work normal, today morning I started the car, and the lag is back. 🤯

#22 · (Edited)
Yes. I have done master reset several times. It felt snappy again sometimes, but not always, and after a cold start it was laggy again. (the only method that fixes the lag 100% of the time, using the USB back.
I will have to try again this next week, just today I managed to figure it out the GPS issue, was super annoying with carplay not being able to use waze.
Just to make sure I will try again a master reset and report within 1-2 days.

#23 ·
Update. After a week of random testing, I realised that I have not fixed the GPS issue, its actually working only when the USB is plugged in.
So pretty much the software is working with the USB installer plugged all the time (it takes a few minutes to do something in the background, saying update ..., then I get a notice that everything got installed and it will get applied next time)
Every time I start the car without the usb is going to be laggy.
I guess there is no way ro reinstall SYNC, probably I will have to keep the usb there until a next update gets released and hope it will fix it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.