Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Kuga 2.0tdci 150 FWD (frozen white)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again.... now i think I have unlocked my sat nav using the code change in the APIM.... just waiting for my maps card to arrive but it does say (insert sd nav) as before it didn’t. So I’m assuming it has worked. I’m wondering what else can be unlocked in the same way? Maybe some cheap additions I can do like reverse camera? Does anybody know if all the seats come standard with the heated element? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
Can't help on the SYNC but can confirm that seats DO NOT come with the heating element as standard.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hello again.... now i think I have unlocked my sat nav using the code change in the APIM.... just waiting for my maps card to arrive but it does say (insert sd nav) as before it didn’t. So I’m assuming it has worked. I’m wondering what else can be unlocked in the same way? Maybe some cheap additions I can do like reverse camera? Does anybody know if all the seats come standard with the heated element? Thanks
You can add a reverse camera to Sync2. Any camera will work but it needs to be wired up at the back of the screen. You can buy a lead like the one shown in the link below which saves you having to splice the wires but I guess you won't be able to buy one for a while until China gets back to normal. Heated seats would require replacement seats with the elements, switches and I am 99% certain the wiring loom that goes under the centre console will be different.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Kuga 2.0tdci 150 FWD (frozen white)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can add a reverse camera to Sync2. Any camera will work but it needs to be wired up at the back of the screen. You can buy a lead like the one shown in the link below which saves you having to splice the wires but I guess you won't be able to buy one for a while until China gets back to normal. Heated seats would require replacement seats with the elements, switches and I am 99% certain the wiring loom that goes under the centre console will be different.

Cheers for this information! I’ll have a look at doing this once the markets get up and running! It’s a shame needing replacement seats I was hoping you’d say they already have the elements but oh well it’s something I can think about at least. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts