Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No problems with the “super highway” method.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,342 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yes Ross but @DGFocus states he’s got a 2020 car, so not that simple
I know I was answering
Is there anyone who has gone down the “alternative route” and lost the ability to use the system. I ask as I recall wasn’t there a mention that this could happen. Just wondered.

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Reactions: Psshaw

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,438 Posts
What people don't seem to get, even though I've posted it I don't know how many times is, the files are the files. They come from the same server. It is purely the method used to download and prepare the USB stick, that is far superior with the alternative method.

Once the files are on the USB, it's no different. There is exactly the same chance of something going wrong when using the Ford method, yet some still prefer to use the clunky sometimes it will and most of the time it probably won't way to get an older update. I actually find it baffling, even if you have a warranty, the only thing that would suffer would be if the actual Sync unit itself were to fail & the chances of that are slim to none.

Edit: Actually forgot to mention, how many people do we get on here complaining that the Ford update hasn't worked and how many out of the ones that have done the alternative method have had any issues? I already know the answer.

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Well said, and I am sure I speak for all who have gone down this road with your help....thank you..👏👏👏

·
Frequently posts gibberish!
2,425 Posts
Does that you can or cannot recover when the 💩 happens?

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Does that you can or cannot recover when the 💩 happens?
It can be recovered and, as many members have said, it works, not like that system Ford use

Reactions: Ross J and Psshaw

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
Reactions: Ross J and Les

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's 1 thing for sure, Ford aren't going to help you solve it. There is a way, send me a PM if you want some info.
Hello :cool: I`ve got that same prob, and the same answer from Ford.... Contact your local dealer... :mad:
Is there any chance you could share your "secret solution" for this annoying MEM-ERR01 ?

Thanx
K😁

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi kwagga65.
Just to complicate matters, after more research a guy has posted on a ford Facebook group having the same issue with this update. His car spent 2 days at the dealership who couldn’t resolve it and referred the problem to ford technical dept.The guy then received a phone call & email to tell him the 8.2 GB update offered on the website is an error & our sync systems have the latest updates already installed which is why updates fail. The website is due to be corrected apparently 😳

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
104 Posts
can someone please tell me the difference between sync 3.0 which my 2017 is stuck at I believe, and sync 3.4 which if I can get to the dark side I also believe I could upgrade to?
thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
@Jeffb I've sent you some info. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi kwagga65.
Just to complicate matters, after more research a guy has posted on a ford Facebook group having the same issue with this update. His car spent 2 days at the dealership who couldn’t resolve it and referred the problem to ford technical dept.The guy then received a phone call & email to tell him the 8.2 GB update offered on the website is an error & our sync systems have the latest updates already installed which is why updates fail. The website is due to be corrected apparently 😳
Ok... Thats nice to know, but why don`t they remove it then 🙄 😴

Thanx for sharing 👍

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
can someone please tell me the difference between sync 3.0 which my 2017 is stuck at I believe, and sync 3.4 which if I can get to the dark side I also believe I could upgrade to?
thanks.
Not the dark side, its the bright side because it works, @andspenka will show you the way

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
Reactions: RonnieM

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
104 Posts
I’m changing my Kuga so I will see how the new to me, Kuga sync works it’s 2018 so I still my need to join the bright side. Thanks for you help

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Reactions: Ross J
81 - 100 of 124 Posts