Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
My Garmin takes about an hour if I remember correctly. If Ford wanted to give free maps for the sync 3 system they may have been better leaving the design as sync 2 with an SD slot and just being able to update the card on the PC/laptop.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,438 Posts
My Garmin takes about an hour if I remember correctly. If Ford wanted to give free maps for the sync 3 system they may have been better leaving the design as sync 2 with an SD slot and just being able to update the card on the PC/laptop.
Sync 2 updates aren’t free, you need to buy the card.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way that Ford host the software and map updates. The problem is with their clunky interface of how to download and copy them to the USB. They give barely any helpful information & certainly don’t tell you that the USB needs to be a specific format.

All it needs is a decent program to bridge the gap between where they host the files and how to get them to your Sync 3 in the car. If only something like that existed 🤔

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ve driven the long way home today and it still says updating system software
It’s been an hour so far

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,342 Posts
Always done mine on tick over, just have to turn engine auto stop off or whatever its called in settings/vehicle settings

·
Registered
79 Posts
Blimey don't know what's going on
I went out and got in my car (I had left usb stick plugged in)
started engine and got the error message unplugged it.
plugged in my iPhone via usb. and on screen it said update complete with the white circle with arrow in it
checked software version and it still says 3.0 but the build has changed to 20204

? what has happened ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Apparently build 20204 was an update from Nov 2020
so i will give it a couple of days and see if the ford website says I don't need a software update ?
then I can download the latest maps ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ford website now says my software is up to date 😬
And I have finally downloaded map update and it’s on my usb stick just need to go on a long drive 🤓

·
Registered
2017 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
206 Posts
so whats wrong with the sync 2 pay method , no headaches :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2017 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
206 Posts
and i prefer the sync 2 interface I have a van with sync3 which has been nothing but trouble from new

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
Woohoo indeed 🤭

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I’m sure this might of been asked many times but I’m getting the mem01 error trying to do latest map updates. Is there a solution for this ? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
Hi @DGFocus, welcome to the forum,

Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here.......Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your question, the error you're getting is due to lack of space on your Sync 3 unit. You could try doing a Master Reset as that clears some of the cache out. If that doesn't work then the only way is to use an alternative method, which is way way better anyway but it's down to personal choice.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Frequently posts gibberish!
2,425 Posts
Is there anyone who has gone down the “alternative route” and lost the ability to use the system. I ask as I recall wasn’t there a mention that this could happen. Just wondered.

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
Not catastrophic failure no, the only thing to be wary of is if you have a 2020 model car. The screen drivers are different and aren’t available, there is a work around but it’s a bit involved and time consuming so I doubt anyone will bother.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @DGFocus, welcome to the forum,

Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here.......Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your question, the error you're getting is due to lack of space on your Sync 3 unit. You could try doing a Master Reset as that clears some of the cache out. If that doesn't work then the only way is to use an alternative method, which is way way better anyway but it's down to personal choice.
Thanks for the welcome and quick reply. Will try the reset & see if that works. Don’t think the alternative method is an option as I have a 2020 model.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts