Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
@Ripperoo there's nothing in the update that would prevent any apps working. It might just need re-adding.
I only briefly had a chance to check it out just after the update had finished, but the missus was heading back to the car after being in Morrisons earlier today, so had to make tracks soon after as we had other things to do.

Will check more thoroughly either tomorrow or later in the week, but as my 'Chipex' kit arrived this morning, it will have to be after I've had a go at Chipexxing my constellation of flippin' stone chips!

Thanks again guys!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Next time buy one of those grey cars as ford make the primer coat a similar colour so you can't see the chips as bad. Wouldn't be hard to have a primer coat the same colour as the top coat would it. Even worse with a black car as looks like a large bee with diarrhoea has buzzed over the front bumper and bonnet.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Next time buy one of those grey cars as ford make the primer coat a similar colour so you can't see the chips as bad.
There are a lot of grey-coloured cars about these days.

Jees, that colour would have been sneered at years ago, but I suppose it fits somewhere between the other bland colours out there.

Ever noticed when driving how many cars you pass are either white, black silver or grey? Sometimes a carpark looks like a set of bleedin' piano keys.

I can't wait until Allegro Brown makes a comeback! LOL

As for the amount of stone chips on a car with less than 20k on the clock, that is just down to the SAS paint car manufacturers use these days, pandering to the green brigade!

Makes the few feel better while costing the masses to repair the damage!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
That Allegro looks like cars my kids used to draw when they were little. Actually thinking about it I think their drawings were an improvement of actual cars from yesteryears.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My uncle had a allegro,,they had a odd shaped steering wheel

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,342 Posts
A “wheel” it definitely wasnt, strange feeling steering those cars

Reactions: Ross J

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,438 Posts
Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah they match the steering wheel to how it drove around corners.
They didn't go around corners that well ! My mum had one and it was truly diabolical. I remember pulling out to overtake once when I borrowed it and floored the accelerator. It made loads more noise and then I pulled back in behind the same car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
As for the amount of stone chips on a car with less than 20k on the clock, that is just down to the SAS paint car manufacturers use these days, pandering to the green brigade!
Very colour specific - as per other thread Ruby Red is really bad for chips. Guard was very good. Deep Impact Blue seems pretty good too.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
The wife has a dark metallic blue Mokka which is perhaps similar to the ford colour. It is really good for paint chips, hardly any on the car.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,342 Posts
Oi you @RonnieM my steering wheel is flat at the bottom 😎
Yes but we know why they fit flat bottomed wheels now.......our belly’s are gettin’ bigger 😂😂🥮🍺

Reactions: davidoff and Les

·
Registered
79 Posts
Finally some progress with my update
wifes working from home so got a windows laptop
downloaded and extracted to my usb and put it in car
it said “updating system software “ whoo hoo I thought
over an hour later still the same grrrrrr

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic