Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes.
Is it usual for Ford to only release updates in stages of years?
Or is there a reason for only 2019 to have updated to v3.4 and the rest of us limited to v3.0?

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,337 Posts
I only ask the question as SIJY said he had recently done the latest map update. As F9 is not exactly recent , i thought
that perhaps there was a more recent update.
Not everyone does the update immediately after it’s released.

I’ve just helped a guy who I work with he’s just bought a 2017 Kuga that hadn’t been updated since it was new.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,230 Posts
Im sure that Ive read somewhere that some updates are only applicable up to certain years and some can only be updated so far, but cannot remember where..........but thats only through Ford 😉😉

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts
Im sure that Ive read somewhere that some updates are only applicable up to certain years and some can only be updated so far, but cannot remember where..........but thats only through Ford 😉😉
They are Ronnie but this one was on 2.2 and the maps were from 2016. He wouldn’t get 3.4, not from Ford anyway. 🤫😂😂

·
Registered
358 Posts
They are Ronnie but this one was on 2.2 and the maps were from 2016. He wouldn’t get 3.4, not from Ford anyway. 🤫😂😂
Who is the " he ' you refer too ?.

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Fed up with waiting for Ford to come up with a solution but delighted to say that I have managed to clear all error codes MEM_ERR01 – Error is MEM_NOSPACE_TO_COPY and PKG_ERR04 – Error is PKG_REVOKED and fully updated my Sync 3 with the latest software and maps by following the advice of a forum member. I will no longer have to wait for Ford Customer Service to try and come up with a solution and I know where to go next time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Glad to hear - what did you do to solve it in the end?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I used a software source that provided a single freeware program that sorted out the memory full error code and the Blacklist packaged revoked code, it sorted out the Gracenote issue and then updated the 3.4 software version build product to 20351. I all ready had the F9 maps but it re-installed them and updated them. One single program sorted it all out during a 50 minute drive.

____
Ford Kuga Titanium 'X' 2019 in Black, 1.5 Ecoboost, full leather, panorama roof, Alutec Black 17 ins OEM wheels and Michelin X Climate in Winter, 19 ins Vignale wheels and Pirellis in Summer.

Reactions: RonnieM

·
Registered
5 Posts
I only got my Kuga 2 days ago, but yesterday I tried updating the software from the official Ford site. The Sync 3 updated with no problems from Build 19205 to 20204. I then downloaded the Map update onto a brand new Kingston 64Gb flash drive. The Sync 3 maps were at version F7 before I updated. I did the update while driving to work and waited until the system rebooted automatically and said a power cycle was needed. I switched off and locked the car for about 5 minutes (leaving the USB stick in) and then restarted the car. An error message then appeared (I can't remember which one as I was driving again by this point). However, Sync now says I have version F9. Has the update been successful or do I need to try again? Also, I noted that the Gracenote version number is now missing. See photos of before and after Sync Update and after attempted Maps update.

Any ideas?

In anticipation

Woody

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have just updated my 2019 Kuga Sync 3.4 to Sync build 3.4.21020 and latest maps F10 (2020) - ER (03 2021). That was not using the Ford updater which I will never touch again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried to update my Sync 3 to version 3.4, but when I plug the USB drive into the car all I get on screen is "USB Detected" and then nothing happens. I'm planning on trying another USB in case that's the problem.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
181 Posts
I tried to update my Sync 3 to version 3.4, but when I plug the USB drive into the car all I get on screen is "USB Detected" and then nothing happens. I'm planning on trying another USB in case that's the problem.
What size USB drive and where did you download the update from

·
Registered
845 Posts
................all I get on screen is "USB Detected" and then nothing happens.
Did you make sure no other USBs were plugged in?

I did mine today using a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB USB, which is currently £8.99 on Amazon.

Initially, mine didn't detect the flash drive, so with the car running, I removed it and replaced it.

A few seconds later, the blue install screen appeared and swapped back and forth between the Mustang images and 50+ minutes later the ugly, but welcome green screen appeared. (y)

Master reset and done!

A shoutout to the guys on here for bringing this update to my attention and for the explanations.

·
Registered
845 Posts
As mentioned, mine is updated and went without a hitch.....I think.

Before the update I used to get the Tidal music app to load on the old SYNC v3.0 screen when putting my phone in the Brodit USB charger, but can't remember whether I had to add it via Ford Pass or not.
I did get a message saying something about apps not being available in your region, but I'll have a dig around tomorrow or some time in the near future.

One thing that is annoying is the that stupid navigation split screen still appears when approaching roundabouts, junctions etc.

I was hoping that would have been kicked into outer space!

How that is useful to anyone? The regular 3D view is far superior and lessinfo on screen the better at a glance, but that's Blackberry for you, trying to clever!

Thanks to everyone who has helped out on this!

Reactions: davidoff

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
181 Posts
Did you make sure no other USBs were plugged in?

I did mine today using a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB USB, which is currently £8.99 on Amazon.
View attachment 6610

Initially, mine didn't detect the flash drive, so with the car running, I removed it and replaced it.

A few seconds later, the blue install screen appeared and swapped back and forth between the Mustang images and 50+ minutes later the ugly, but welcome green screen appeared. (y)

Master reset and done!

A shoutout to the guys on here for bringing this update to my attention and for ecplanations.
I did my map update today, when I originally did mine F10 wasn't available so all up to date now.

new sync 3.4.png
maps f10.png

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts
@Ripperoo there's nothing in the update that would prevent any apps working. It might just need re-adding. I have no idea what it is, so I can't help.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts