Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Kuga 1.5 ecoboost Titanium X 2019- Sync 3 website said there was a map update available Map_8160020691_Update.zip so I downloaded it as usual to my pc hard drive then extracted it to a new San disk USB drive 64 Gb. All the folders etc were there and following the instructions to the letter I tried installing the update. I drove for about 45 minutes or so and then the message came up to cycle the car for the first time which I did leaving the USB in and locking the car etc for a good 10 minute before restarting it. USB was still in as per instructions I then got the message 'Installation failed Error Code: MEM-ERR01 download files again and retry to install'.
Tried it again with a fresh download onto another USB and immediately got the same error message.
I have been emailing Ford support supplying all the info on screen shots etc and they asked for a log file..... when I downloaded and extracted the log file software etc and put that USB stick in I immedately got the Error Code PKG ERR-04 . Tried that a couple of times on fresh download but same message when you put the USB in.
Ford support are a waste of time.... I have found out through another source Cyan that the codes are
MEM_ERR01 – Error is MEM_NOSPACE_TO_COPY and PKG_ERR04 – Error is PKG_REVOKED (Package has been blacklisted)
Ford support seems totally incapable of providing a solution...... The sync system is working fine software version 3.4 Build 20136 with maps F9 which is what it showed before the attempted map upgrade. I am reluctant to take it to my local Ford dealer because I am not sure they can sort it and I dont want a big bill when it appears ok.
Anyone any ideas how to resolve it ? I have tried soft reset to no avail.

·
Registered
268 Posts
After reading your post just looked at My Ford and no update available for me.
Yes stay clear of local Ford mine charge £240 to sort Sync and maps out.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,288 Posts
There's 1 thing for sure, Ford aren't going to help you solve it. There is a way, send me a PM if you want some info.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,209 Posts
Ford HQ advised me to go to local Ford dealer and asked me to advise who and when so they could contact him to advise him.
Told me exactly the same about 2 years ago, total waste of time Ford CRC... (Cannot Rectify Cockups)....don't take the Ford way, take the alternative

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Can't for the life of me understand why people have so much faith in them 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Ross J and RonnieM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's 1 thing for sure, Ford aren't going to help you solve it. There is a way, send me a PM if you want some info.
Hi Abdspenka, I presume this is a Pm.... some info on a way round it would be great.

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Hi Abdspenka, I presume this is a Pm.... some info on a way round it would be great.
Not quite, I’ve sent you a message, look in your conversations. You’ll find them by clicking on your user icon on the top right.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have just updated to the latest Maps update today and took around 30 minutes (the school run round trip time) and finished literally a few minutes before I arrived home. It was a massive file downloaded weeks ago around 28gb. Used a 128Gb USB stick bought especially for Sync Map updates and already updated to Sync 3.4 if it helps.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If your car is still under warranty then Fords can update it for you in-house. I had a Sync-1 update that simply wouldn't install on my wife's Ecosport when 2 years old & still under warranty. I tried everything as well but it turned out the download file was corrupt. Fords then installed it when in for a Service. Luckily so far all of the Kuga updates have worked - System & Maps. 🤞

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,209 Posts
If your car is still under warranty then Fords can update it for you in-house. I had a Sync-1 update that simply wouldn't install on my wife's Ecosport when 2 years old & still under warranty. I tried everything as well but it turned out the download file was corrupt. Fords then installed it when in for a Service. Luckily so far all of the Kuga updates have worked - System & Maps. 🤞
Depends on the dealership, some are helpful others are just awkward

Reactions: David38

·
Registered
481 Posts
Before you do it may be worthwhile to try downloading it again from the Ford website. Then once downloaded try and extract the zip file directly to the USB rather than to the laptop/PC hard drive first. That may fix it. It will take longer than an hour though as mine was 28GB.

Reactions: David38

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
102 Posts
I downloaded the file months ago, but still waiting to install the maps, as i have heard it takes well over a hour to install. Is this correct, and what time frames have people had on the install?. At the moment, it is very difficult to do trips of that nature.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's what I thought too so had it stored on my USB for weeks waiting to install (after lockdown) but just thought I would try it today and it finished quickly.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have just updated to the latest Maps update today and took around 30 minutes (the school run round trip time) and finished literally a few minutes before I arrived home. It was a massive file downloaded weeks ago around 28gb. Used a 128Gb USB stick bought especially for Sync Map updates and already updated to Sync 3.4 if it helps.
Is that update to F10 then ?.

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I only ask the question as SIJY said he had recently done the latest map update. As F9 is not exactly recent , i thought
that perhaps there was a more recent update.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I only ask the question as SIJY said he had recently done the latest map update. As F9 is not exactly recent , i thought
that perhaps there was a more recent update.
Leaving aside the non Ford site updater and sticking to official Ford updater have you noticed those reporting updates have later year, 2019, cars than us with our 2017s?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Leaving aside the non Ford site updater and sticking to official Ford updater have you noticed those reporting updates have later year, 2019, cars than us with our 2017s?
Would that be significant ?.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts