Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Help information & Advice please, am not a techie

5 months ago I bought a 2015 MK2 Kuga 2.0 tdci 180ps Titanium All Wheel Drive, Automatic.

I want to switch on/activate auto locking on move off. Yes I know there is a button on the door, bear with me as I am disabled, have the best use of one arm & one leg, hence the auto, snogging knob on steering wheel & rope on the door.

Have tried the unlock & lock 3 times buttons technique & despite confirmation beeps indicating it has been programmed, it isn't & doesn't lock on moving off.

I also want to switch off (permanently) the auto stop start feature, its dangerous, too much lag on an automatic.

Since having this serviced 3 month ago and some kind of automatic software upgrade, the on-board computer function to disable the stop start in settings no longer keeps the stop start disengaged.

I have a modified ELM lead & have downloaded Forscan for the Kuga - but tells me I need extended license to be able to make the changes.??

Do I? and how do I get one?

Also have Foccus that was used on my previous Ford CMax to change the auto locking to on.
Thx

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
IIRC auto locking needs to be activated via Forscan, Stop/Start cannot be disabled it will always default to active on starting the car, only option is use the button every time you start up, it’s a legal requirement built in

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not sure if your petrol model will react like my diesel auto, if I pull up to a junction or roundabout I just hold it lightly on the brake and the stop start will not engage, so you can decide if it comes in or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Switch On Auto Locking Switch Off Stop Start

Went past Jaycar the other day and bought a missile switch just got to find some time to install now. Definitely a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts