Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Picking my Panther Black up from Dagenham Motors in Surrey on Friday morning

Big wet Kuga kiss for anybody who sees me on my way home to Southampton!!

Have seen loads of Kugas in my travels around Southampton and Eastleigh - maybe we should start sl*gging the car off to make it more exclusive? - only joking.

Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
i hadn't seen many at all in southampton until fairly recently. there are TWO parked opposite my friend's house near eastleigh!

not got (or ordered) mine yet...

dr_nick
central southampton

·
Registered
13 Posts
dr_nick

If your looking for one? There is a stunning black awd one in hendy's eastleigh showroom..19in alloys, x pack, sat nav with b/t & usb plus conv pack and app pack also some other extras inc rear seat trays... and its been reduced by over 4K!!see ben butler salesman...he may even knock some more off...top bloke.

·
Registered
65 Posts
dealer in southampton hendy said he would match drivethedeal's best price, but there is no stock of the spec i want (titanium awd, all packs, towbar, dvdsatnav, powerconverter) so woul dhave to make from scratch with an "8week lead time".

drivethedeal orignially said they had them in stock (without spending nearly long enough to have actually looked) but now saying "if ford can't get it quicker, neither can we", which i think is much more likely to be accurate!

drive the deal seem to be able to do spec i want for 23689.12 plus further 2k scrappage discount! definitely can't find that spec on a second hand model for less money! eg: http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/FORD+KUGA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-51-181-192-240-4294948459-4294967050/advert.action?R=200918333407997&distance=147&postcode=so143al&channel=CARS&make=FORD&model=KUGA&min_pr=&max_pr=30000&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2008&vehicleRegLetter=58

:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
it would seem that drive the deal can't do scrappage discount on any ford model... this seems unrealistic, but they are not prepared to even discuss it. they are offering considerable discount (for my spec its 19.3% off list price!) but this would leave me with a car to sell/dispose of. 2K scrappage would have been rather convenient...

but the ford dealer i spoke to was prepared to match an earlier quote i got from drivethedeal when i thought they did offer scrappage on top.. £22550 for kuga titanium awd, three packs, power converter, and dvd nav (incl the 2k scappage) - do i just go back to him for this offer (despite knowing drivethedeal offer is 2k more as wont do scrappage?)

and kind of shot myself in the foot with the dealer as the more recent quote from drivethdeal apparently comes out "cheaper than cost" and simply is not matchable (if including the 2k scrappage, but if not, is 1.5k more than he (tentatively) agreed on)...

garrr - why is this so difficult!Edited by: dr_nick

·
Registered
65 Posts
and considering i am offering to hand over >20k in cash, neither of them seem particularly friendly or approachable. what happened to good old customer service?

·
Registered
385 Posts
found drive a deal did not want to no when i said i had a px,i did not no there was scrappage on the awd all the adds on the web just had them against 2 wheel drive kugas.drive a deal offered me sea grey awd titanium kuga with app,conv,x packs,bluetooth,19 inch wheels 23500 best dealer price 24000 i found drive a deal a bit rude

·
Registered
65 Posts
thanks kugace, that's much the same as I'm looking at. close inspection of ford small print shows they'll only only do scrappage discount on 2wd titanium kuga without metallic paint- grr

looks like I'll be trying to sellmy car privately - a chore I'd hoped to avoid :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts