Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga titanium x 2013
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just noticed today the kuga takes a while to warm up from cold and on checking etis I find it is fitted with a supplementary air heater. Don’t think it’s working so check the relevant fuse, F17 ? in engine compartment fusebox none fitted . BUT only one spade sticking up ? Does this mean the 20 amp cartridge fuse will have1 male and 1 female spade ?...

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Hi, just noticed today the kuga takes a while to warm up from cold and on checking etis I find it is fitted with a supplementary air heater. Definitely not working so check the relevant fuse, F17 in engine compartment fusebox none fitted . BUT only one spade sticking up ? Does this mean the 20 amp cartridge fuse will have1 male and 1 female spade ?...
Just one spade connector means it has either power in or power out. Irrespective of what etis shows it either means that your car doesn't have the supplementary heater or the wiring diagram for the fuses is wrong. It wouldn't be the first time the fuse shown is incorrect.

There was another thread on here recently which shows where it is fitted and I believe the wiring for it is the driver's side behind the centre console at the front.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga titanium x 2013
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I’ll have a look and see if it’s there or not and take it from there . How can I check again for function ? Do I whack the heater up to max and see what happens ?

·
Registered
439 Posts
You'll just notice slightly warm air a little sooner than you do without it.

Regarding the fuse, on the other recent post I gave the fuse number according to the manual and someone else corrected me.

Bob

·
Registered
Kuga titanium x 2013
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just been outside started up and turned the heater dial up to Hi and lo and behold 2-3 mins later mildly warm air out of the vents. Guess I do have it and it does work . It’s ok but I think I was expecting more . Thanks for your help lads .

·
Registered
Kuga titanium x 2013
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shame something doesn’t come up on the dash to indicate when it’s on instead of having to guess.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
774 Posts
Shame something doesn’t come up on the dash to indicate when it’s on instead of having to guess.
I guess it's just supposed to work without you knowing too much about it. If it works properly, you don't really need to know.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Techno, I take it its a Diesel? what year is your Kuga as they stopped fitting the heater at least at the end of 2015?

Kuga cashcow philosophy at Ford or preparing for climate change effect

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Ah, OK well that was supposed to have one in, but half the size of what was in the MK1. MK1 had smoothing like a 600W heater, MK2 (2013) felt like it was 200 or 300W heater. I know I noticed a difference moving from my Mondeo to my 2013 Kuga, the Mondeo had the 600w and if you measured the incoming air you'd see it start rising within 20 seconds and reached 60° incoming air fairly quickly.

I think the 600W heater in the MK1 contributed to alternator failure due to poor smart charge control, reading from experiences on here, as the alternator on MK1s seem to fail on then onset of autumn and winter.

So was supposed to be one in yours but its nothing like the MK1.

·
Registered
Kuga titanium x 2013
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes on reading other posts it is apparently 200w. I didn’t realise till last night that it only works with temperature control set on Hi . It does work on mine but it’s a bit insipid. However it’s better than waiting for the engine to warm up and provide the main source of heat in the cabin.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Yes I guess it helps the demist/defrost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts