Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
My kuga has only ever had Vpower diesel in it and so has my other diesel cars. Never had problems with EGR or DPF on any of them so the better fuel must make a difference. I think if you pay the extra for good fuel you save on repair bills when you get a big build up of gunk.

Now the evo only runs on Vpower petrol but its not in the tank long enough to see any form of difference as it only does an average of 12mpg driving steady.

Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
All diesels I've owned only rarely got anything other than supermarket fuel and never had issues with EGR or DPF either.
Ran a V6 Mondeo again supermarket fuel vast majority of the time. Was still going strong when I sold it with with just short of 130k miles on the clock.

Reactions: lukasc

Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
Google says :-

'E10' offers environmental benefits over E5 petrol. 'E10' contains alcohol and is hygroscopic. Usage of 'E10' can lead to damage to metals, gaskets, and plastics if the vehicle is not used for a more extended period.
All ford models sold in Europe since 1992 are able to use E10 fuel, with one exception.

Owners of Ford Mondeo 1.8 SCI, from 2003 to 2007, will be disappointed to learn they can't fill up with E10.

Registered
ST Line X Phev 2021
All diesels I've owned only rarely got anything other than supermarket fuel and never had issues with EGR or DPF either.
Ran a V6 Mondeo again supermarket fuel vast majority of the time. Was still going strong when I sold it with with just short of 130k miles on the clock.
Completely agree, never had any issues with the cheapest fuel I could find. 馃き馃き

The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
I have owned diesel cars since the early 90s always used super market fuel only on a rare occasion used premium fuel ,Never had a problem with super market fuel,No repair bills,so will continue to use it.
One of the focus I owed had over 120k on cheap diesel not once had a problem with it.

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
I treated my last car to a tank full of BP ultimate whilst setting off to Austria. 150 miles into the journey in Holland the DPF
light came on and it failed the regeneration. Only way to clear that was a trip to the dealers and a forced regen. I haven't used it since.

Some of the small engined high performance petrol turbo cars may prefer the super unleaded to try and avoid the LPSi issue which could cost you an engine. Happened to my daughter's Astra SRi. Not seen any issue with Ford so far but if my next car is a petrol it will get super unleaded.

The manual for mine refers to a cetane number. I have never seen that at the pump but will have a look next time. 3 years with a mixture of Asda and Esso. Lots of BP garages near me, 7 out of the 10 garages but they will never get any of my money.

Registered
My petrol always gets minimum of 95 octane, if going on a long drive, it gets 98 octane.
It's cheap insurance.

Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
I treated my last car to a tank full of BP ultimate whilst setting off to Austria. 150 miles into the journey in Holland the DPF
light came on and it failed the regeneration. Only way to clear that was a trip to the dealers and a forced regen. I haven't used it since.

Some of the small engined high performance petrol turbo cars may prefer the super unleaded to try and avoid the LPSi issue which could cost you an engine. Happened to my daughter's Astra SRi. Not seen any issue with Ford so far but if my next car is a petrol it will get super unleaded.

The manual for mine refers to a cetane number. I have never seen that at the pump but will have a look next time. 3 years with a mixture of Asda and Esso. Lots of BP garages near me, 7 out of the 10 garages but they will never get any of my money.
You can buy cetane boosters. The benefits are suppose to include, better economy and cleaning effect for injectors. Much debated.

Registered
Kuga Titanium Eco Blue 2.0 Auto AWD soon!
About 12 to 15 years ago, I was driving a large truck and filling up roughly 200 litres daily at Tesco
Got lots of points :)
Mostly filled my car at supermarkets and I have owned our car for over 12 years
No problem at all!
But I never drive out of my way to fill up at a lower price
Save a couple pence and cost fuel to get there No way!

Registered
Mk1 Kuga 2.0d 163ps manual 4x4
My petrol always gets minimum of 95 octane, if going on a long drive, it gets 98 octane.
It's cheap insurance.
Cheap insurance against what? Do you really think octane rating has anything to do with reliability? If your car can take advantage of the higher octane, you will get better performance (speed or mpg, you choose), but if it is designed to run on 95 putting 98 in it will achieve nothing.

Mr. Happy. 鈥淪weet Cheeks鈥
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
And Phil it will continue again, and again.......................and yep forever mate. 馃檹

Reactions: Ross J and Psshaw

Mr. Happy. 鈥淪weet Cheeks鈥
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
It's only a rumour Smarty 馃槈 :unsure:

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Im charging green electric from solar pannels. And man, you can smell the difference compared to regular electric. ;)
Hopefully the energy company cannot turn your panels off if you are generating too much "free" electric.

Registered
Cheap insurance against what? Do you really think octane rating has anything to do with reliability? If your car can take advantage of the higher octane, you will get better performance (speed or mpg, you choose), but if it is designed to run on 95 putting 98 in it will achieve nothing.
Obviously the talk about LSPI missed you.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts