Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a superchips blue fin handset for sale for a Mk1 Ford Kuga 2litre diesel 163bhp manual gearbox.

software was on my kuga for over a year without any issues. Didn’t get the car on a rolling road so can’t confirm the extra power gained but the car felt much more responsive. I did however see an increase of 4 mpg(mostly town driving).
Quoted figures from superchips state that the BHP increase is 22 bhp on this engine.

selling as I have sold the car, map was downloaded back onto handset before sale.

if anyone is interested get in touch. Looking for £290 plus postage ... depending where you are, or pick up.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
According to the Blue fin website this can only be run on one vehicle and if you want to put it on a compatible vehicle it has to be removed from the present vehicle. You then have to contact them and they will give you a 35% reduction off the new price for a device reset. The price from Bluefin currently is £287 for your model car which means it would actually be a great deal more expensive to buy second hand.

Basically for a second hand handset they will still want £187 to reset it based on the current selling price. In reality once you have bought a new bluefin it has very little second hand value.

Quote from Bluefin website.
I am thinking about buying / have bought a second hand Bluefin.
Please call us with the serial number, and we will advise whether it is suitable for your vehicle and the procedure and cost involved to make it work. The cost of having a used Bluefin reconfigured / reset to remap another compatible vehicle is equivalent to a 35% discount off the UK recommended price. However, not all Bluefin handsets are compatible with all applications so additional costs may be incurred.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not at all no need to apologise, at all. You are indeed correct re having to call them and indeed you may have to pay more if you are changing car to a different marque or model of Ford.
However, after speaking with their customer service team they have said it can go directly on another kuga mk1 provided it’s the same engine size and importantly that it goes on the same transmission type(manual).
This was information from them less than 48 hours ago.
But to be safe I will get them to confirm this in writing to avoid any uncertainty.
Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would only use it on a car with IDENTICAL PCM Strategy and Calibration files personally, seems very risky otherwise.

FORScan can read calibration version of all modules.

Reading between the lines, with a new Bluefin they will either modify your original Calibration or have one ready off the shelf BUT the unit has to read your original unit and ask for the correct files.

Bit risky just hoping for the best imho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would only use it on a car with IDENTICAL PCM Strategy and Calibration files personally, seems very risky otherwise.

FORScan can read calibration version of all modules.

Reading between the lines, with a new Bluefin they will either modify your original Calibration or have one ready off the shelf BUT the unit has to read your original unit and ask for the correct files.

Bit risky just hoping for the best imho.
Exactly, provided the PCM first 4/5 digits are the same it’s interchangeable. That’s what the have told me, so an automatic model would have different 4/5 digit so won’t be compatible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts