Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hopped into the car over the weekend after using the global open function to find that the moonroof and sun blind were still closed. After much fiddling the only response I could get was from the sunblind, which would make some movements when pressing the forward switch position. I couldn't find any reset procedure in the manual and none of the suggestions I found online seemed to work either. In the end I tried just holding the sunblind switch in the forward position, which seemed to cycle it through a reset procedure. With the button held in the forward position, the sunblind cycled all the way back, all the way forward, all the way back, and then all the way forward, where it stopped. Fortunately that seemed to reset the system, and now the sunblind and moonroof are all working again smile: Hopefully this will work for anyone else that finds themselves with the same problem.

Reactions: b road blaster

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks for that, one never knows when such things might be useful:cool:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The reset procedure has been mentioned on here a few times as some such equipped models built between mid-September 2015 and December 2015 have a problem where the roof won't close when slid open.

Hopefully the current model isn't going to suffer from roof related problems also.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Our 2016 tit x sport, we sold in March this year suffered from new with this issue. A visit to the ford dealer left me very angry.

I was told to take it to the dealer I bought it from and why didn’t I take it there in the first place.
When I pointed out that the Ford warranty didn’t have county boundaries, that made them more anti.

I was told to monitor it and that he’d never heard of it. A week later it did it again and as these things go it cleared itself before they could look at it. By that time another customer was having the same issue and Ford had changed he sunroof motor and suggested I did the same. Well I opted out abs it had less than 750 miles on it. I then found the reset which worked for a while but would reoccur every now and then.

Since then bought a new Tiguan but no sunroof and just got shut of of it and now got the Kuga vignale, so let’s hope all is well!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Oh sorry there is a procedure by the way....

If I can recall it.

Open drivers door, push ignition button on but keep feet of brake so it doesn’t start, then off then back on then press the sunroof button up and hold until it does a full cycle like you mention. You should do the same for the screen as it harmonises the motors.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Oh sorry there is a procedure by the way....

If I can recall it.
My global opening/closing was eorking OK for all four regular windows openen/ closed as normal, but the panoramic sun/moonroof didn't.

Carried out procedure and it now retracts the sun blind lifts the sun roof but doesn't retract the panoramic roof. Is that how it's supposed to work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hopped into the car over the weekend after using the global open function to find that the moonroof and sun blind were still closed. After much fiddling the only response I could get was from the sunblind, which would make some movements when pressing the forward switch position. I couldn't find any reset procedure in the manual and none of the suggestions I found online seemed to work either. In the end I tried just holding the sunblind switch in the forward position, which seemed to cycle it through a reset procedure. With the button held in the forward position, the sunblind cycled all the way back, all the way forward, all the way back, and then all the way forward, where it stopped. Fortunately that seemed to reset the system, and now the sunblind and moonroof are all working again smile: Hopefully this will work for anyone else that finds themselves with the same problem.
i will try that and get back to you,thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thank you for your help as this worked perfectly.
just in time for summer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for info on reset procedure.
My 2019 Kuga sunroof stopped working for no apparent reason but the reset action worked first time, both screen and moonroof are sorted.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
2016 Titanium X 180 AWD
2 Posts
Another thank you.
My roof and screen had started playing up and behaving like there was an obstruction, so reopening when trying to close. Tried the reset procedure for both and now working perfectly

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, can some please clarify, do you leave your foot off the break the second time you press the start button. I.e. the ignition is never switched on during the procedure ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clarification for anyone else, the start / stop / start / press sunroof button should all be completed within 5 seconds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts