Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
471 Posts
I saw a Q8 next to a Q7 yesterday at Audi dealer. Q8 is smaller than Q7 by the looks.

Not sure what official measurements are.

Is the Q8 available as a 7-seater like Q7?

Makes me wish Ford UK had imported the long wheelbase 7-seat version of the Ford Edge that China gets.

Instead we got a stupid facelift and then it was pulled from sale in the UK model line up.
I don’t know if you can get 7 seats, my daughters is standard 5 seats but the boot area is mahoosive. Must admit I liked the Edge as well.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,807 Posts
I liked the Edge as well and don't know why it's such a flop. Perhaps it didn't come up to expectations, a bit like Vauxhall's Antara.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,263 Posts
My mate has a Q7 - I think the Q8 is just a sport version of the Q7, so no actual size difference.

We went out to Wales together last week and did some doughnuts together:

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
500 Posts

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,263 Posts
Hehe, neither of us in truth :p it just looks like it - must have been some yoofs in a Citreon Saxo or similar.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think with the availability of cross climate tyres now, winter wheels is thing of the past, in the UK anyway.
Well its that time of year to put back the summer wheels and tyres on the car. Had a good old clean inside and out.
Hope everyone's all OK.
Just put my 19 ins Vignales with Continentals on back on for Summer.... I cleaned the 17 ins Black Alutec OEM fit wheels with Michelin X Climates up, put them in the tyre bags and in the garage for summer. I forgot how bad the handling is with the 19 ins Tractor wheels on compared with 17 ins. The road noise on the 19 ins and Contis is terrible (worse with sunroof open) and of course you feel every pothole and bump in the road. OK they look good when the finish is not peeling, but you can't beat 17 ins wheels with Michelin X Climates for handling, grip and quiet. Wished I had kept them on......

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,342 Posts
I forgot how bad the handling is with the 19 ins Tractor wheels on compared with 17 ins. The road noise on the 19 ins and Contis is terrible (worse with sunroof open) and of course you feel every pothole and bump in the road.
That would be how bad the ride and noise levels are, not handling.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,754 Posts
Just put my 19 ins Vignales with Continentals on back on for Summer.... I cleaned the 17 ins Black Alutec OEM fit wheels with Michelin X Climates up, put them in the tyre bags and in the garage for summer. I forgot how bad the handling is with the 19 ins Tractor wheels on compared with 17 ins. The road noise on the 19 ins and Contis is terrible (worse with sunroof open) and of course you feel every pothole and bump in the road. OK they look good when the finish is not peeling, but you can't beat 17 ins wheels with Michelin X Climates for handling, grip and quiet. Wished I had kept them on...... View attachment 6861
Put the 17”s back on.
Or sell both sets and go for 18”s.
Mines on 18”s and it’s lush.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
471 Posts
Put the 17”s back on.
Or sell both sets and go for 18”s.
Mines on 18”s and it’s lush.
Yeah but the Vignale is aimed at the elderly demographic😉

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,754 Posts
Yeah but the Vignale is aimed at the elderly demographic😉
I like that. When your hips, back and shoulder need comfort from all those wrongly postured buckets seats of the 70/80s.
Then the piles also need some love due to sitting on cold hard surfaces in the youth-hood.
And the heated seats remind you of things to come from age, that warm sensation of peeeeeing yourself.
There are of course other benefits, it’s easy to pull attention when stood outside the bingo hall or bowling green.
Or to have the ability to “smoke” people at the traffic lights in their “chipped” 150 wheezy petrol models.
Just saying.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,807 Posts
The size that has less sidewall and some rim protection is the optimum size for the Kuga. That would be 18". The 19" look a bit nicer, I admit but I am extremely careful when parking but I would have caught the rear left a couple of times on 19".

The worse place for me is our local papas where some idiot architect must have thought the drive through was for pedal cycles. Where you collect your food you have to turn sharp left and are unable to see the kerb on the left and the one that's in front of the bonnet. Someone has already clouted one of the lights that are on bollards which again you can't see.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,754 Posts
Burger King and McDonald’s must have had the same guy.".

I have now retro fitted a 360 viewing platform. The wife!

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,530 Posts
Never had a problem with those narrow drive throughs..........don't use them lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts