Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of year to put back the summer wheels and tyres on the car. Had a good old clean inside and out.
Hope everyone's all OK.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
504 Posts
Well its that time of year to put back the summer wheels and tyres on the car. Had a good old clean inside and out.
Hope everyone's all OK.
I think with the availability of cross climate tyres now, winter wheels is thing of the past, in the UK anyway.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinking that way too. Will get another winter out of the tyres then decide. All season tyres are getting so much better. The only thing I like as well as the tyres is the wheels are not too important if they get kerbed.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Kuga ST-Line 2.0 TDCi
91 Posts
Rather than start a new 20" tyre post can I ask a question to members about what tyre size I may need.

I have a 2018 Kuga with factory 18" ST-Line wheels in the machined 10-spoke silver and black design with 235/50/18 tyres.

I notice your 19" ST-Line 10-spoke wheels above have 235/45/19 tyres.

I have been offered a set of Ford Edge 20" Sport wheels 8Jx20 with same PCD of 5 x 108 as Kuga and wondered what tyre size I will need.

The Kuga mk2.5 didn't have a 20" factory option to copy.

The Ford Edge on the same wheels had 255/45/20 tyres according to the brochure.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Rather than start a new 20" tyre post can I ask a question to members about what tyre size I may need.

I have a 2018 Kuga with factory 18" ST-Line wheels in the machined 10-spoke silver and black design with 235/50/18 tyres.

I notice your 19" ST-Line 10-spoke wheels above have 235/45/19 tyres.

I have been offered a set of Ford Edge 20" Sport wheels 8Jx20 with same PCD of 5 x 108 as Kuga and wondered what tyre size I will need.

The Kuga mk2.5 didn't have a 20" factory option to copy.

The Ford Edge on the same wheels has 245/50/20 tyres.

Any help much appreciated.
View attachment 6793 View attachment 6794
I’d go for factory fit if it were me. Are they the same offset as the Kuga

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good question.

Factory offset on Kuga 18" wheel is ET 52.5

Edge 20" wheel offset is ET 52.5 as well.

Should be ok.

Perhaps I'll leave it to tyre depot to advise on correct size tyre and maybe they will try it on the ramp first.

I assume the correct reduction in tyre wall ratio allows for the bigger wheel and no change to rolling circumference?

Does the new mk3 Kuga have a 20" factory option?

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
515 Posts
What about insurance company? Law in UK it's very restricted about any modifications or even changes :oops:

Reactions: ckracer76

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,896 Posts
235/40/20 would be the nearest size. There doesn't seem to be many options of tyre in that size. More choices in 245/45/20 if you can get them on.

Also I would have a look at tyre costs before committing. As the above posts says these wheel sizes were never recommended to be used on the mk2 and would be classed as a modification by your insurance company.

Have a play here. Anything more than 3% difference is not recommended. Just one owner on here that I can recall fitted 20" wheels to his kuga. Tyres are £200 a corner.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,813 Posts
I think a few of us have been down that road of “summer wheels and tyres”.
Some did and a lot didn’t.
I’m in the latter category with x climates on. So far so good with the peace of the driving should conditions change then if be ok.

If 20” was never a factory option, then I’d stay Clear.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I think a few of us have been down that road of “summer wheels and tyres”.
Some did and a lot didn’t.
I’m in the latter category with x climates on. So far so good with the peace of the driving should conditions change then if be ok.

If 20” was never a factory option, then I’d stay Clear.
My daughters new Audi Q8 is on 22”😳

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,813 Posts
Ha, Massey Ferguson. Only the old timers will get that.
Just had a quick look at the Q8. Nice beast.
22” to big for me though and I’d be always wondering if they’d still be on when I got back to the car when out and about.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,554 Posts
I thought the Q7 was too big for our car parks, haven't seen the Q8

Reactions: ckracer76

·
Registered
91 Posts
I saw a Q8 next to a Q7 yesterday at Audi dealer. Q8 is smaller than Q7 by the looks.

Not sure what official measurements are.

Is the Q8 available as a 7-seater like Q7?

Makes me wish Ford UK had imported the long wheelbase 7-seat version of the Ford Edge that China gets.

Instead we got a stupid facelift and then it was pulled from sale in the UK model line up.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,813 Posts
I put my name down for a a Ford Edge.
when it came out and I saw it, I quickly scarpered. So, so boring.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts