Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed this morning whilst washing the Kuga that I have a Stone Chip
on the bonnet of her,I was wondering if anyone had used companies such as Chips Away and had any remarks??
I live in the Dorset area, also if there are any good paint shops or am I better off getting Ford body shop to do the work!!

Many Thanks BigGeord

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi BigGeord
That is what Ive just found too, a dirty great chip right on her nose! If the chip is really big then I would get some one to do it for you if not then you need the paint stick set from Ford but dont use the brush it's too big. I suggest you use the tip of an old biro, it's a labourious job but the results are pretty good. That's what Idid then you don't 'overfill' the chip and it's less likely to run too.

I haven't used any of these repair companies so I can't answer your question unfortnately.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've used chips away and I believe from reading a few forums the quality depends on your location and how good the person is who runs the franchise in your area. For me he did as good a touch up job as you can expect considering it's cheap and not a full bodyshop job.

For the cost I'd try one of the touch up companies first, maybe wait for a few more chips to appear after winter and depending how bad it looks then go for a full bonnet respray, touch wood I think I'm all clear so far, whether it's the flat front I don't know but I'm doing a lot beter than usual with chips (apart from the chunk out of the windscree, during week 1 of ownership...)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi BigGeorg I used Chipsaway about 12 moths ago someone had reversed down the side of my car and done a runner they had justscraped downthe rear O/S wheel arch initially looked a lot worse than I suspect it actually was deep paint scuffs and rear bumper slightly out of alignment. Took it to A Clark Vauxhall and they said that they would have to replace all the rear bumper and rear wing section and plus labour it was well over a grand I just said thanks I will let you know. Contacted our local Chipsaway guy (looked about 16) he came to my house and said £100 plus VAT I agreed he said leave me some water and an electric supply (extension through door) when I arrived home all done looked amazing and could not quitework outhow this toddler had done such a great job. I appreciate that you canbe unlucky and get a not so good one but when I typed this guys name on the internet under Chipsaway various customers (I think) had posted there comments all were good. Finally I think you should be aware that I am very veryparticular but I genuinely could not see that any paintwork had beenrepaired all that section looked original. Good Luck. Bob.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the advice,

I think I will give chips away a ring and see how much they quote.Then maybe I will give it a go myself with a paint stick and if I make a mess get them to do it..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really would do nothing for a year or so. You will get lots of these, and best to get a load sorted at the same time. Really! Or you'll have someone up every month.

Chill. Enjoy your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts