Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need some advise. Just about to buy a new Kuga!! Got the Zetec but got the dealer to throw in the Sony Stero from the Titanium model. Due to pick up car next week but dealer now saying stereo cannot be simply fitted as cannot simply be slotted into the Zetc model?? Sounds odd to me. Any one know if the sony stereo can slot straight in? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I dont know but it could be different, the Titanium has DAB where the Zetec does not. I can only guess the unit is different dimensions. Although, I would have thought they would have manufactured car with sufficient space. Does sound odd??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Undertaker, the car I'm buying is pre-built so I'm adding options in as an after thought. Dealer told me ok for the Sony stereo when I signed for the car. Now it's not compatible. Have called another dealer and they said up front their could be issues dropping a sony into a pre built car. Should have been told up front, think I'm getting took for a ride (and not the ggod kind). Think I'll try and get some cash off!!! Cheers.

·
Registered
374 Posts
im sorry. it sounds like your getting a cr4p deal before you even start. not a good weay to conduct business for ford dealer. perhaps they dont really know what they are doing or talking about. cocks.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree basically just made stuff up to get the sale!Got sorted in the end, dealer admitted mistake, got the first service thrown in for free (will get it in writing) and some paint guard bollocks (which apparenyl costs £250 (right).
Anyway take deliver on Tuesday so looking forward to that, gonna give me old focus one last wash before it get's part-ex'd (sob!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts