Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a mk2 kuga , would I be able to upgrade the steering wheel from a mk 3 ? Many thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I have a 2016 model ,The 2017 model which has rectangle buttons instead of round on it or is it still a mk 2 but facelift model

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I thought it was a mk 3 , I’ve only had focus’s before ! Do you know if the wheel could be upgraded ? And if it would be a case of plug and play so to speak ?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Ok I thought it was a mk 3 , I’ve only had focus’s before ! Do you know if the wheel could be upgraded ? And if it would be a case of plug and play so to speak ?
balders replaced his I believe

@balders - Hi Paul, did you swap your steering wheel for a later model. Also if you get bored I know someone who wouldn't mind sync 1 swapping for sync 2 lol.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did indeed..... I have a 2017 St line wheel on. You will need the Clock spring to suit the newer style wheel. I tried all wiring combinations on the new wheel without any luck. So paid the extra £25 for a 2017 clock spring off T'bay. Much better steering wheel, no coding required........
@smartguy69 On annual leave next week.... should have been in the lakes with the van...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: could offer some help if needed.
Paul

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I did indeed..... I have a 2017 St line wheel on. You will need the Clock spring to suit the newer style wheel. I tried all wiring combinations on the new wheel without any luck. So paid the extra £25 for a 2017 clock spring off T'bay. Much better steering wheel, no coding required........
@smartguy69 On annual leave next week.... should have been in the lakes with the van...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: could offer some help if needed.
Paul
I will drop it round on Monday lol.

Don't suppose you have an alko 120sr coupling on your van by any chance. I may have to post it as a separate post and appeal to the masses who maybe have an old caravan or braked trailer in their possession.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It has a Alko 3004.... Had to change the damper last year, van was banging when when coming to a stop. Damper was buggered.... 🤪🤪🤪

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
It has a Alko 3004.... Had to change the damper last year, van was banging when when coming to a stop. Damper was buggered.... 🤪🤪🤪
About 20 years I made a builders trailer from an old Monza caravan. Only the axle and hitch were kept.

The hitch though was an old B & B cast hitch and the coupling has worn with a split rubber. You can't get the bits any more and the ball hitch is cast onto the drawbar. I spent ages searching for a delta hitch with the same hole centres and found one on eBay and bought it not realising it is possibly a good 25 years old. Like many of my purchases it sat in the garage for a while and I came to fit it a couple of weeks ago to find once I had pushed the drawbar in it wouldn't come out again. Seized solid in the bushes. Common fault with some alko couplings apparently. I should have cut my losses and binned it and bought a new one but decided to refurb it. You have to ream the bushes out to fit the drawbar. Put a new damper and hitch on, freed the handbrake which was an absolute nightmare trying to get the pivot bolt out. I have done a nice job with it considering much to the wife's complaints of the time spent on it. Even sprayed it to get rid of the awful galv finish. Hope the etch primer does it job.

The issue I have is I haven't the foggiest how the handbrake connects to the brake rod. Later types have a bracket which fastens to the handbrake which in turn fastens to an energy store positioned inline with the brake rod. There is very little info on my coupling and whilst I can fabricate something to make it work, I would like it to be as it was designed. Surely it can't be something as simple as the dog clip from the safety cable going through the hole in the bottom of the handbrake and the brake rod linkage. That would seem like a bodge to me.

On another note I bought a new jockey wheel and went for one of the puncture proof plastic ones with a 240mm wheel. Well impressed with that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
just dragged it home from storage at Paull. .... Thought i had a leak on the roof strap..... Thank god its fine.... Washed polished, new tyres next week as they are 6 years old. Hoping to get to the lakes in July.... Come on Boris..... 🤪🤪🤪

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
That's a nice caravan. I have had a few in my time but never a newish one. I borrowed my dad's a long time ago and then bought one back in the late 80's. A big twin axle with a leaky roof. I fixed the roof leak and totally refurbished it with new cupboards and roof and wall linings. I think I was caravan supplies best customer for a while. Ended up selling it to a gypsy. I bought another which I never used and then bought an elddis from my sister. Used it for quite a few weekends away but then circumstances meant it just sat in my garden for years. Rain had got in around the front window and it was beyond repair. Got £300 for it on eBay.

I said that one day I would buy a decent one and a few years ago we did discuss it and the wife was going to buy the caravan instead of buying another car but in the end we decided on the car. I then bought the Kuga with the possibility of getting another van but I doubt we will now. I keep threating to put my aquarolls on eBay and kept one gas bottle plus electric leads. Had a look in waudbys last year but decided we would spend the money elsewhere.

On the subject of my trailer I made up an angle bracket tonight which will swivel fasten on the handbrake lever and then bolt on the front of the brake rod. Will try it works tomorrow when the paints dry.

Taunton trailers are pretty good for prices if you need an Al-ko spares.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hope the bracket works...... 😊😊
Nope, phase 1 mod has failed. All it wants to do is bend the brake rod. Problem I have is the brake rod is horizontal and the hole in the bottom of the handbrake doesn't run parallel with the brake rod so it's trying to push it to the sky. I could try making the hole bigger in the bracket where it mounts to the rod or just wait and see if Al-ko can provide some technical info.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I like the flat bottomed st steering wheel, but what a faff and expensive swop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts