Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It seems to me, that servo motor controlling the steering has some resistance (maybe some low energy going to it) and it can cause this. Going too see the dealer tomorrow, hope they will have some knowledge about this.
Also one observation: in colder days, the resistance of steering is litlleb bit lower from beggining, but still present.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems to me, that servo motor controlling the steering has some resistance (maybe some low energy going to it) and it can cause this. Going too see the dealer tomorrow, hope they will have some knowledge about this.
Also one observation: in colder days, the resistance of steering is litlleb bit lower from beggining, but still present.
Good catch. You have a dealer time one day before me. Please let us know what they said.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok, so no success today with dealer. There is no pscm update available for power steering. As well as no mention in Ford "knowledge base" about this. To be able to get more info, I would need to leave the car there over a day and I cant currently. We agreed to go into detail inspection beggining of next year. Hope you will be more successful :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, so no success today with dealer. There is no pscm update available for power steering. As well as no mention in Ford "knowledge base" about this. To be able to get more info, I would need to leave the car there over a day and I cant currently. We agreed to go into detail inspection beggining of next year. Hope you will be more successful :)
****! Yeah my car is going to be there for entire working day tomorrow, lets hope they will figure out something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mmy car on monday all day
My car was on a dealers workshop for almost 8hours. They drived the car for 20km and noticed the same annoyance. The steering column of whatever controls the steering is faulty. They said that this is a first case in Finland but there is some cases in Europe. It will take around 2-5 weeks to german factory manufacture one for me because there is none left at the moment. Car warranty covers this. So good news but i have to wait a bit with annoying steering but what can you do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Lets wait for @Marcin result on Monday and I will revisit dealer asap to make an order for this. @Cisurvive could you get more specific info from dealer regarding the part# or case reference from other countries they mentioned? I would appriciate it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
JI have an appointment for Monday and I also have to leave au you ok for the whole day. there is one case in Italy for an exchange Steering column. I'll get in touch when I have any news from my mechanic

21 - 32 of 32 Posts