Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask you for a favor. Could you perform a test on your Kugas with steering? I noticed, when I do steering very gently, there is kind of slight jamming/resistance, which once you get over it, steering moves much lighter to next position where this resistance repeats. This can be noticed only when steering gently, mostly on straight roads. Its quite disturbing for me and would like to know whether its a bug or standard feature.

·
Registered
2021, Kuga Mk3, ST Line X, 2.5 PHEV
16 Posts
I would like to ask you for a favor. Could you perform a test on your Kugas with steering? I noticed, when I do steering very gently, there is kind of slight jamming/resistance, which once you get over it, steering moves much lighter to next position where this resistance repeats. This can be noticed only when steering gently, mostly on straight roads. Its quite disturbing for me and would like to know whether its a bug or standard feature.
Hey Igy
You don't happen to have the lane assist feature on do you?
If you don't indicate you'll feel resistance when approaching/crossing a white line.
You can enable/disable with the button on the end of the left hand stalk.

Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Igy
You don't happen to have the lane assist feature on do you?
If you don't indicate you'll feel resistance when approaching/crossing a white line.
You can enable/disable with the button on the end of the left hand stalk.

Cheers, Paul
No, lane assist is off. You can feel this resistatnce while car is parking as well. I will try to make video of it tomorrow and post it here.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga St-Line First Edition 2.5L PHEV Hybrid
29 Posts
Mines right hand and UK based, but it definitely does NOT do that :|

·
Registered
12 Posts

Did you managed to find solution for this? I have the exact same issue. Car is great but that problem kills the driving experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone. i live in italy i have exactly the same problem and not only me. I read the Italian forum, there are already a few people with the same problem. if you find a solution, let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just hope this isnt some stupid Ford feature that is part of this modern steering. Today i drove again in a bigger speeds and it was really annoing and makes the steering goes back and forth all the time

·
Registered
7 Posts
prowadzę I drive a daily expressway. It is tedious and impossible to do that. If it gave me a Ford, it will do nothing for me, and you will make a replacement, I will fight, I will not give up. Sorry for my English

1 - 20 of 32 Posts