Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is the case that a Kuga titanium with Keyless Ignition do not have a steering lock? I was just sitting in the car without the ignition switched on and was able to move the steering a good few degrees in both directions, without the usual Click heard as the mechanical lock engages.. Just wondering

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Amocs,

If you lock your Kuga and wait alittle while you can hear a quiet thump or thud, that is the steering lock being applied automatically.

I thought the same as you then happened to just turn and look at the steering wheel when I heard the clunk and saw the steering wheel jerk alittle bit, also assume it does this when the Kuga is unlocked. I could be wrong but the clunk, thud or thump couldn't be anything else as the Kuga is turned off and not moving.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're right KugaCat, I get a similar noise and have always assumed it's the steering lock engaging.

TK

·
Registered
77 Posts
The steering lock comes on a few minutes after the ignition, is switched off. If you sit and wait after you park up, the lock engages after a couple of minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts