Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When starting up does most of you press the power button 1st wait for coil light to extinquish clutch in and press power button to start, as the garage just said clutch in and press power button can this do an harm ..... look forward to your replies thanks .

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
My coil plug light goes out really quickly. Hardly even see it come on.
This might change as the weather gets colder.

So generally I just press the clutch and then power button.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi SUV,
The answer is that both methods are O K.
If it is cold (winter) one press, then wait for the coil light to go out, this is the heater plugs warming up the air/fuel in the cylinders, then clutch in and second press and the engine shoud start.
When the engine is warm or hot or it is any reasonable day weather wise then clutch in and one press should be O K.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I too wondered about this as the dealer on handover said just hit the star button. Have noticed over the last few ds as its been a bit colder that it isnt staring quite so well. Will go back to old fashioned glow plug warm up routine I think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just hold the button in normal conditions until it starts. With winter on it's way I think too will warm the plug up first. Will still check the book first.

·
Registered
434 Posts
On reading the manual again I interprit it that you push and hold start button until engine starts I beleive that the starter will only energise when the coils are warmed up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
interesting. perhaps a word in email to Ford. When cold I also press the start button, then press clutch and start button when the glow light has gone out. Always wondered and glad I'm not alone.... Edited by: the undertaker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts