Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone experienced this - when driving atany speed if the power button is pressed for more than 3 secs the engine cuts out fords says its not surposed to but i found this out when my son pressed it with my permission thinking it would do nothing

·
Registered
929 Posts
Not a button I wish to press at speed. If the engine did stop, dont fancy wrestling the Kuga without power steering and no servo assistance on the brakes. I pass on that one

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you have a diesel, you depress the clutch and press the button to start the engine; fine.

If you want the "ignition" on but not start the engine, you just press the button. In this situation when you want the ignition offyou press the button again.

After driving, when you want to stop the engine, you press the button. Stands to reason the button is more than a simple switch, it is an integral part of the system as isthe gear lever or the steering wheel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I do hope thesales-man didn't say the same thing to you as he did to me!

"It's impossible to roll the Kuga"

If he did, then please don't try this out as well!

·
Registered
136 Posts
The dealer told me it was impossible to stall a Kuga too, Mrs Moggith has managed to stall mine twice! lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
At least I,m in good company. I stalled mine at least 5 times on the first day I had it.
I'm getting better now though I still do it ocassionally, usually at a busy junction. I put it down to a "fierce" clutch, it starts to "bite" as soon as I start to lift the clutch pedal. Tell Mrs Moggith she's doing alright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts