Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has started stalling just after starting from cold. Seems to tick over OK for a few seconds then cuts out. Engine malfunction light switched on.
I had a similar problem about 9months ago and they apparently fixed it by re-conditioning the battery and re-programming the ECU.

Will let you know the result this time.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi WarKuga A worrying development to say the least, this is my first Ford in a long long, time because of similar issues, had Toyota's,a Vauxhall and Honda none of these vehicles have skipped a beat in terms of starting and running, and I just hope that the Kuga's crown does not slip, fingers firmly crossed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK had it back from the dealer and apparently it is a fault in the PCM, so they have blown in some updated software. Not completely convinced as why would the old software become faulty, not as if it has a virus?!?! Anyway seems to be OK so far.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is shoddy for a brand new car - thanks for sharing the info - lets hope it doesnt happen to you and anyone else - the kuga is awesome!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The same thing happened when I was about to test drive a brand new Kuga in the dealership last Sunday, and there was me thinking I had stalled it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts