Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of ordering some Stainless Steel Scuff Plates. Do they have to be fitted by the dealer? Or are the relatively easy to fit yourself?
There are alsoAluminium Scuff plates. What's the difference?
Edited by: Mikey

·
Registered
30 Posts
The aluminum ones are lighter but it is easier to be destroyed in case of a shock. The stainless steel may weight 3 times more but are more resistant in use. :)
Edited by: antonisk7-GR

·
Registered
173 Posts
I went for stainless ones and fitted them my self, they have 'KUGA' etched on them and they look great, and are mainly to stop my wifes heels scuffing the paintwork on the sills, You also get illuminated ones, But theses would be better fitted by dealer as look a bit of a scutter,Have also fitted s/s plate to back bumper under tail gate for same protection (not from her heels just from her. lol)All look really good and are genuine ford parts will post pics if any one wants to see.

·
Registered
173 Posts
will post pics tommorrow,cill scuff plates were about £50 for s/s, aluminium were cheaper,bumper trim was £55.00 s/s, didn't get from my dealer too expensive trawled the net, got themvia ford dealer germany, love telling my dealer that I can get cheaper than him

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys, has anyone got any pics of the new "illuminated" scuff plates? I would like this as a mod for mine if they don't look to chav!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I fitted teh stainless steel Kuga scuff plates as I found it only too easy to 'scuff' the paintwork with a clumsy shoe/gravel . the aluminium ones that came already fitted were as good as a far* in a fog. they are easy to fit by any reasonable competent person who can handle say a tin opener or a spanner.
will also get rear bumper protection ( scuff) cover fitted soon to as it too can be easily marked. does any body know where I can get a locking fuel cap?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dunno where to get a locking fuel cap from but I didn't think hornchurch was that bad, maybe Ineed to move out lol.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would be interested to see the illuminated ones too. My stainless steel ones came ready fitted and are really worth it. I often seem to catch my high heels on the sill and dread to think of the damage if they weren't there!

PS Ahem...I probably shouldn't be driving in high heels.

Edited by: championkuga

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hornchurchmale,
This may not be the case for every Kuga (according to other subjects)but when I read your post about the locking fuel cap I went and checked mine. The car was locked so I opened the flap and tried to push the filler flap open, it wouldn't move so I assume that this part does lock but not the exterior flap. Can anyone else confirm this?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had the illuminated scuff plates as an option for my Kuga when she was ordered but for some unknown reason they weren't on the car when in turned up. I can only assume that they arefairly similar to the Fiesta ones which are in the brochure but alas not in the Kuga one. It would have been nice to have had them but then it's something less to go wrong if you see what I mean!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts