Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking good... the Stainless Steel bumper cover I put on last year.... This was a good quality, stiff one... avoid any that can be rolled up!! Only tip with these is the stick on pads never work properly and if the slightest moisture creeps under the cover, the sticky pads loosen usually at each end and it starts to lift. I took it off in the end removed the wet, loose pads, replaced them with better quality ones and then put a bead of waterproof contact adhesive around the underneath close to the edge and it worked a treat. It stays stuck and water cannot creep underneath.
Occasional clean with a bit of Solvol Autosol and it shines....

Reactions: Micklebrow and SiJY

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,982 Posts
I think if I had that on mine I would be wanting a protector to protect the protector lol.

On my last car I had just had the bumper fully resprayed and was going to the tip with bagged stuff in the car. As I was closing the boot one of the bags tipped over and something fell out and was squashed between the boot lid and the bumper marking it all. I was not happy. My current Kuga doesn't really need a protector as it's black plastic and not painted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is black plastic but I think there is to much ugly plastic in the Kuga. I am obviously careful when putting stuff in the boot but its pretty robust.. more likely to scratch than dent....

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST Line edition - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
510 Posts
You can also buy the ones that fit either side of the boot latch that just sits above that one too if you really want to 'bling up' the boot.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
This is mine, piano black Climair protector sold by Ford as the "genuine" article, still looks amazing (despite being piano black which theoretically scratches if you stare at it too long) and will not budge, no matter what. Haven't taken any precaution regarding water ingress, moisture, dirt or anything, I guess it's just a good design and fit

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,982 Posts
That would look invisible on a black car.

·
Registered
2017 Kuga Titanium TDCI 150HP
10 Posts
Hi Poldark. Where did you get your stainless bumper protector from. It seems to cover the whole bumper. I have seen some that leave a gap to the seal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made to order and comes from Poland to Direct Car Parts in UK. Unlike the cheap ones you see on Ebay and Amazon which are wafer thin and arrive rolled up (making it hard to fit when unrolled!) these come packaged in cardboard. Mine had a tiny crimp on one corner due to bad handling by courier, I photographed it and emailed direct car parts and they offered me a replacement (6 weeks) full refund, or re-imbursement of 33% of the price. I took the 33 % re-imbursement because I reckoned I could just roll the 3-4 mm crimp flat (which I did) without stretching the metal.
see Ford Kuga Mk2 stainless steel rear bumper protector March 2013 to Dec 2019

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have had a stainless steel bumper protector had it since 2018,, had mine from eBay no problem with mine,,mine was flat on delivery.well worth it.

·
Registered
2019 St-Line Edition 2L TDCi 150 2WD
35 Posts
I have the travall one in black, two dogs, no marks on it. (That protector is the best fitting aftermarket part I’ve ever fitted.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts