Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a switch?

Not had to much time to play with my kuga, after picking it up late tonight.

Thething that stuck in my mind after giving the car the full inspection.

Should there be this switch on the dash for the ESP

In the handbook, Yes under the heated window buttons?

"stability control switch see page 121 of handbook"

I dont have, and was told its managed with the onboard computer?

Do any of you have this switch?

My Kuga had a few tape marks on the paint work which where soon removed on site.

I just missed the factory fit of the DAB radio but I do have 6 disk 2nd gen Sony MP3installed. I'm well pleased with this so not worried about the DAB.

Still getting to terms with the locking and keyless system.(I keep checking the doors are locked).

The Sea Grey paint ishummmmm with the blackout windows and chrome.

I will post some pics with

Childsseat fitted.

Pushchairs in the boot.

Windsurfer on the top.

Ps

One thing is the Pana Roof. It really is a great must have feature. The amount of space and lightit gives.

dave

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No switch, not on my Kuga. I have the 7" touch screen system. The ESP is managed by thelefthand multifunction steering wheel column stalk. The infrormation display sytem manager has a sub-menu for ESP setting: Page 75 - 79 of the owners manual shows how.

Cheers

Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that quatroxquatro, seems thereare a few thingsin the handbook which are not on the cars. It also says the fuel flap locks with the centrallocking.
Strange.

Edited by: dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
dave said:
It also says the fuel flap locks with the centrallocking.
Strange.
Is that not correct? I had a Focus hire car the other day and I locked the doors whilst filling up - when I tried to shut the flap, it would not budge - it was only when I blipped and unlocked the doors that I could shut the fuel flap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Zetec.

Yes strange about the fuel flap not locking. Noticed today while locking my car up the flap could still be opened. Not sure if thats a fault just on my car or not. I shall call dealertomorrow, unless I get a reply from another member....
But justlooking on the Kuga mania site, it seems thats the case and they dont like the fact eitherunless my translation is wrong...

cheers

dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Zetec

Currently have 56 plate ST-3 and getting Kuga end Aug, the fuel capdoes lock with the central locking onFocus'as securitymeasure

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Titanium, Zetec. and any others reading this thread.

You might be interested to know after calling my local dealer today.

To my bewildermentthe fuel flap on the Kuga DOES NOT HAVE A LOCKING FLAP.

It does have a nice6 inch funnel which should soon become ready available.

If not then any bit of tube at the right radius will open the inhibitor???

Why did they not fitlocking flap?

Anyone Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No idea. I´m hoping that Ford saw this as a potential issue and put some kind of grid further down the fuel filler pipe so that a syphoner´s tube cannot pass all the way to the tank. If not then there should be one!!

Edit: I read daves´message in the Technical forum about the fuel filler cap, so copied and pasted this post there...
Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes sorry quatroxquatro, my fault.
I have started a new post in the technical about the fuel flap.

I'm sure there will be a few worried to why the kuga does not have a locking security device on the flap. My concern is access to anyoneusing a bit of tube to maybe put something inside and not just diesel.

Perhaps Ford have this well covered, like koogaa says, there is a device fitted to stop would be syphoner's.

Still see if anyone knows inTechnical.

Cheers

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts