Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got the st line x in a 1,5 petrol? Only got to test drive the hybrid but no where to charge at night so seems redundant until move house. Anyone got one and what’s it like to drive performance wise?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Gooding89 - Hopefully one of our mk3 owners who have that model will respond.

When you buy your car please remember to have a read here and update the signature box with your car's details. Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

·
Registered
761 Posts
Anyone got the st line x in a 1,5 petrol? Only got to test drive the hybrid but no where to charge at night so seems redundant until move house. Anyone got one and what’s it like to drive performance wise?
You could get a FHEV which is the non plug in version of the PHEV with a smaller battery. That should manage an average of 50mpg give or take in real world driving which could be nearly double the 1.5!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could get a FHEV which is the non plug in version of the PHEV with a smaller battery. That should manage an average of 50mpg give or take in real world driving which could be nearly double the 1.5!
I got a good price at the dealership they knocked a fair few grand off the price worked out almost £5000 cheaper than getting the FHEV so didn’t think it was worth it for now, will hopefully be moving in 2 years so can then aim to get plug in at that point. Expecting about 35-40mpg real world with the 1.5 from what I’ve read.

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
682 Posts
I have a Mk2.5 1.5 ecoboost manual and is remapped to 200PS+ and I achieve 33mpg but I do 99% town driving. Not that bad actually. Plus the Mk.3 is more economical too being a 3 cylinder engine.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
I have a Mk2.5 1.5 ecoboost manual and is remapped to 200PS+ and I achieve 33mpg but I do 99% town driving. Not that bad actually. Plus the Mk.3 is more economical too being a 3 cylinder engine.
Don’t forget, you usually wear a diving boot as well 🤪

·
I am Batman!
682 Posts
Yeah speaking of which been offered to upgrade my Kuga with a Focus ST Estate 2.3 ecoboost next year....am very tempted! Monthly payments of £360 but that's with an exchange but I reckon I can knock almost another £80 by selling privately next year - only done £8k and very well looked after albeit an occasional blast now and again to blow away the cobwebs!

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 stline X 1.5 petrol + tech pack
37 Posts
I have the 2021 1.5 petrol in black. 3k now covered
Mid 30s local use, mid 40s on long runs
Very pleased with it, it has the tech pack, can forgive the parcel shelf and trying to clean the red callipers

·
I am Batman!
682 Posts
Yeah the red callipers look amazing (when clean!) especially with my gloss black alloys. I clean the calipers & wheels every week though and wax them too to keep them dirt-free.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the 2021 1.5 petrol in black. 3k now covered
Mid 30s local use, mid 40s on long runs
Very pleased with it, it has the tech pack, can forgive the parcel shelf and trying to clean the red callipers
that’s the sort of figures I was expecting to get, not amazing in town driving but will do for now. Thanks buddy

·
Registered
2021 MK3 ST Line edition
20 Posts
Now clocked onto 800 miles in mine and average of 40 mpg with a mixture of roads! Really pleased as I was only getting 42 from my fiesta active x 140 when I sold it. Admittedly I drove it harder but the MK3 is an awesome machine with plenty of torque and speed when needed. Absolutely love it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now clocked onto 800 miles in mine and average of 40 mpg with a mixture of roads! Really pleased as I was only getting 42 from my fiesta active x 140 when I sold it. Admittedly I drove it harder but the MK3 is an awesome machine with plenty of torque and speed when needed. Absolutely love it!
Glad you’re enjoying it I can’t wait to get mine now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts