Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a set of the mud flaps for the st line 2019.

I’ve checked the product numbers and I defo have the correct parts.

Just checking the fitting instructions and it appears you drill 2 small holes into the arch which I can understand however it also says you need to drill a hole on the underside the body kit which just doesn’t seem right.

anyone else fitted these to a new shape st line ??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yes, fitted them to my St Line and drilling instructions are correct, very easy to do as drilling is into plastic bodykit and not car metalwork

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Eh, I’m flabbergasted that you’ve to do that in this day and age.

I can see the Ford get out clause if any cracks appear.

“DUE TO INCORRECT FITMENT OF MUD FLAPS IT IS IN OUR OPINION THAT THE DAMAGED CAUSE IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY AND THERE YOUR CLAIMM IS DECLINED. “

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, fitted them to my St Line and drilling instructions are correct, very easy to do as drilling is into plastic bodykit and not car metalwork
Cheers for the reply mate. Just seems strange as it’s the body kit trim which is colour coded to the rest of the car, just doesn’t seem right drilling into it !

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I agree. But if it’s a genuine ford product and that’s what it says, then so be it.

Unless they were built into the wheel arch trim, for me I’d leave it. I can see why you would tho.

Personal choice of course.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Chribos........Have a look at this thread, includes pictures of mine fitted

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
When your bobbing along the tundra from Wakefield to the local shop half a mile a way.

·
Registered
173 Posts
They look well impressive, just need the white stuff.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have also fitted the ST-Line Mudflaps but could be better as don't fully protect the bodywork. Also I missed off a couple of the push tabs as need to take the rear wheels off to drill the last hole and I don't own a working jack and prefer not to use the one that comes with the car. Will ask the local garage to do this on its first service. What I would prefer are the 'Rally-Flapz' style Mudflaps I fitted to my old Focus ST.
RallyFlapz for Focus ST_Back.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have also fitted the ST-Line Mudflaps but could be better as don't fully protect the bodywork. Also I missed off a couple of the push tabs as need to take the rear wheels off to drill the last hole and I don't own a working jack and prefer not to use the one that comes with the car. Will ask the local garage to do this on its first service. What I would prefer are the 'Rally-Flapz' style Mudflaps I fitted to my old Focus ST. View attachment 3092 View attachment 3092
Yes I think I will need to visit the father in law as he has a decent jack. Did you drill into the body work for the front? Not sure if I’m going to fit them, seems strange having to drill into the skirt along the bottom.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No the holes are just drilled into the wheel arch liner so no metal thankfully. I had to do the same with my previous cars too. You only have to drill a small hole at first with the mudflap in place then a larger one so that the push connectors push in for a tight fit. it is daunting especially as mine was only a day old but hey ho. The thought of handing over £65+ to a Ford dealer spurned me on to do it myself! ;@)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No the holes are just drilled into the wheel arch liner so no metal thankfully. I had to do the same with my previous cars too. You only have to drill a small hole at first with the mudflap in place then a larger one so that the push connectors push in for a tight fit. it is daunting especially as mine was only a day old but hey ho. The thought of handing over £65+ to a Ford dealer spurned me on to do it myself! ;@)
On mine (2019) st line for the front you drill 2 holes into the wheel arch and then another underneath but that is on the underside the skirt which is the same colour as the car, that’s what makes it so wrong.

what year is yours ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Same - 2019. Yes the underneath ones were OK - it's just the inner hole at the back which still need drilling (unlike the fronts where you can move the wheel to one side to drill!)

·
Registered
762 Posts
.............then another underneath but that is on the underside the skirt which is the same colour as the car, that’s what makes it so wrong.
Late to the party, so not sure if you've done this already, but I was in the same boat as you when a picked up my 4 month old, 2018 (68) ST Line X last February.

Initially I thought I was expected to drill into the metal underneath (which I wouldn't have done), until my brain fart was over and realised it was actually body kit.

Still not ideal, but better than having to drill into metal I suppose.

Anyhow, the front mud flaps can be fitted without removing the wheels as long as you have something like a 90 degree drill.

I used my old Ryobi 90 degree drill with a step-drill bit and it was a doddle.

Unfortunately, for the rear mudflaps, I had to remove the rear wheels, but they were also a doddle to fit.

There's some previous threads on KOC relating to ST Line specific mudflaps installation with some useful info, one of which is linked to below:
ST LINE X MUDFLAPS?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ha Rips, why didn’t I think that would be your response!

Hers a word the yanks use a lot and I like it “TUNDRA”

We of course would say landscape.

But Ford Tundra sounds better that Ford Landscape. Pmsl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Does any body have any pics of mud flaps fitted to a Kuga ST? Debating on getting some but would like to see what they look like thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts