Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have a mouse in the back of the car as everytime I go over a bump I get a Squeak.

I think it is from the rear seat as I lent into the car last night and heard it as I moved the seat. Will have to have a look when it is dry, took a mate out yesterday lunchtime to find it but typically it wasn't there - so its not only when you take a car to a dealer that the faults aren't there.

Anyone have any ideas?? Seems to be passender side...

·
Registered
50 Posts
we also have a hyundai getz and have a squeek when some one is in the back and have reaced it to the parsel shelf rubbing but that dont help you sorry

·
Registered
43 Posts
yup, I have the same, the demo I drove had one and I expect many more have.I think it's the near side passenger seat catch as it doesn't happen when the seat is folded.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will have a look at the weekend.

I had a Seat Leon CupraR that did this , well know on the forum - the fix was some trusty black insulation tape...

·
Registered
119 Posts
have the same squeak in mine. It does'nt bother me.(had a massey fergusson tractor before the KUGA, Or was it an Nissan XTRAIL(same diferance)) But if anyone finds a cure I'll give it a go.

joe90

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the mouse is dead.....

One can of Halfords own brand Silicon Spray, two squirts on the body mounted bars that the rear seats clamp to - hey presto...

Looking at the bars you can see that the seat clamps are infact rubbing so the Silicon spray should sort it for a while.

Just need to work out why the front door rubbers are now creaking as the weather has dried up a little - where will it end.....

I used to be so fussy about squeaks, rattles etc. and had a MINI Cooper S back at the dealer more times than I care to mention, now I leave them for at least two-three months if I can't cure them as all new cars creak a little until they have been driven a few miles.

At about 1200 now and doing a bounce trip to Cornwall in the morning so will be nearer the 2000 mark by Monday...

·
Registered
126 Posts
cornish said:
I think I have a mouse in the back of the car as everytime I go over a bump I get a Squeak.

I think it is from the rear seat as I lent into the car last night and heard it as I moved the seat. Will have to have a look when it is dry, took a mate out yesterday lunchtime to find it but typically it wasn't there - so its not only when you take a car to a dealer that the faults aren't there.

Anyone have any ideas?? Seems to be passender side...

I think Mickey Mouse has left you're car and is in my boot now. The rest of the family can't hear him and think I'm imagining things
Edited by: Essex_boy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have that squeak,made the wife sit in the back she was not to happy about that , but itconfirmed it was from the back seats some where.
Will now try that silcon spray.

Thanks again
all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts