Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have had my new Kuga for about two months. Overall I am very happy but I seem to be breeding mice in the back seat somewhere. It has just been into the workshop all day and had the heading taken down (whatever that is!) and been sprayed wih lubricant. Apparently the workshop said Ford are aware of this and told them what to do. It does seem a lot better than it was and they think it is resolved, I think I have heard it again. I am going to wait until I am out in it tomorrow to see but as I spend all day in my car for work doing many miles this squeak was driving me nuts.
I will lwt you knpw if this as worked but if not any ideas???
Any advice greatly received as I do not want to get rid, but the squeak was so bad I may have ended up doing that!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi qk i am having the same problem, the kids keep saying it's coming from the boot so i took the cover off the spare wheel to see if that was the problem but it's still there, went to exeter on the weekend it drove me up the wall, now i have sprayed the rear seat hinges with silicon spray but to no avail, had the rear seats down and had the kids sit on them but it's still there dont now what to do next, put mouse traps in the back
has any body in the forum had the same squeaking coming from the back of the car?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi guys
Don't know if this will help you but if you go to the 'Technical' section and page three you will see a topic headed 'rattling good car' in there you will hopefully find some answers for your squeaking problem as it seems others have had the same problem.

Hope that helps you ok

Graham

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi proac,

Well unfortunately despite the garage having the care all day the mice remain!! Thought they had fixed it at first. Drove about 9 miles with no squeak but then hit a bump and it was back again. Has driven me mad all day and came home with a stinking headache. I had my husband drive the car one day while I climbed all over the back seat!! We found that if an adult sits on it, the squeak stops. A child did not seem heavy enough so I still think it is something to do with the seat. Ford seem to think it is something to do with the top of the care but I disagree. I rang the dealers and they are going to book it in again but I am becoming concerned that this will not be fixed. I will noy be able to keep the car if they cannot fix it because as you obviously know it is awful. Will keep you informed if I get a solution. Maybe need to get ear plugs!!
Happy driving x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Graham,

Thanks for the advice. I have looked and there are some with squeaks. Might try the spraying of the seat lockings as suggested by one post.

queenkuga

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it's definitely the part of the seat that you actually sit on - my first Kuga had this really badly, and was "fixed" a couple of times only for it to start again within minutes.

The side it was on was where my younger son (approx 3 stone) would sit - for some reason the boys swapped and after a few runs with the 6 stone one on that side it went away.

When you look at the amount of polystyrene under there and in the boot it's no wonder there is some squeaking going on - try rubbing 2 bits together, or even one bit on another surface - it does squeak.

Glad to say new car has never had this issue!

·
Registered
418 Posts
It is most likely the seat catch as teh seat base can't really move, a spray of Silicon will banish the mice....

I tried everything else in the back of the car before I found where it was coming from, one spray has kept them away for about a year.

However, my creaking door seals remain even after being changed.. ;o(

·
Registered
212 Posts
My Kuga squeaked all the time during the first 48 hours. Sounded as if it was coming from somewhere in the boot. Discovered like Chilluk that it stopped when someone of medium weight sat on the rear seat on the passenger side. Problem resolved by putting the seat down and then giving it a decent slam back into place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi to you all,

Thanks for all the tips. I have had three children in the car today aged 8-10. It didn't squeak at all for about 30 miles and then started agin but not as bad. It definately is something to do with the seat as you all suggest. The garage have got it again all day tomorrow so hopefully it can be sorted. I am going to tell them about your posts and give them some ideas!!!
Had forgotten what it was like to drive without the squeak, what a pleasure x

·
Registered
162 Posts
My daughter sat on the back seat single side and found that the mice
were squeaking on the double back seat, she pulled the seat down while i was driving the squeak stopped. put the seat back the squeak came back again so got home and sprayed a type of wd40 called zx1, that was saturday and still no squeak, i put the seat down sprayed the hinges at the bottom of the seat and also the reciver where you press the button to fold the seat down hope this helps qk regards phil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks very much BG and Phil. It seems this may well be the problem. Will try this as soon as I get chance. Have to say the car really shifts when it needs to! Am very impressed with the handling and pick up of speed when you need it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys, I took the Kuga back to the garage and told them what I had learnt from the forum members. Pleased to say they thought this was a good idea and they lubricated all the catches. Mice have now disappeared!!!!!!!!
The car is a pleasure to drive once again!!

Thanks guys for the help.

qk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem when I took delivery of the Kuga 5 months ago, traced it down to the rear door latch, put some lubricant on each side of the two rubber guides either side of the Door latch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
cornish said:
It is most likely the seat catch as teh seat base can't really move, a spray of Silicon will banish the mice....

I tried everything else in the back of the car before I found where it was coming from, one spray has kept them away for about a year.

However, my creaking door seals remain even after being changed.. ;o(
[Yes have noticed this on my weeks old kuga the passenger door has a creaking noise especially when going slowly over uneven ground .]

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got the creaking doors too, and the dealer is to look at this later this month. Service manager said he'd never heard of this problem before !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts